Chapter 9

I fed quickly and ran back to the boardinghouse.

I opened the door and almost ran into Mrs. Flowers.

"Is that your car out there?" She asked me.

"Yes. I didn't think that the truck would survive any longer." I explained.

"I understand. I would like to tell you that some guests will be arriving soon. They just called me."

It was probably the Cullen's. They didn't want to buy anything permanent.

"Is their last name Cullen by any chance?"

She looked surprised. "Yes. How did you know?"

I smiled. "I called a friend of mine and she is going to do a favor for me. They don't eat food, they are like me, yet not at the same time."

She nodded. "At least I don't have any mouths to feed. I have to leave, get linens and things for them, food for me, and what-not. Have a good night."

"You too, Mrs. Flowers. Take care."

I walked up to Stefan's room. I knocked on the door. "Come in!" he said.

I saw him and Damon looking over a plan of the city.

"Ah, Bella, nice of you to stop by." Damon said. "I told you, little brother, the sighting can improve in here."

"Don't give your hopes up, Damon." I told him.

"You came here for a reason?" Stefan asked. I had to give it to him, he had the brains of the two.

"A friend of mine is coming to help find Katherine. They are vampires, but won't die from being staked. Their family are renting rooms from Mrs. Flowers."

"They are the ones you told me about? The heartbreak family?" Damon asked, a little mad and amused.

I nodded, "The very ones. You can feel free to torment them, just no killing. They are like my parents and what not."

Damon rubbed his hands together, thinking of what to do, no doubt. "Why would I kill them?"

I smiled. "Because, I know you. You would do anything to anyone you can."

He shrugged, "That's probably true."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to bed, night boys."

I turned and walked to my room. "Night." I barely heard them say.

I pulled out my books and finished my homework quickly. I was listening for cars pulling up. I heard Mrs. Flowers car and then some sports cars. Let the games begin.

I ran downstairs and helped Mrs. Flowers with the bags and looked out the door to see the Cullen's. I walked outside.

"Mrs. Flowers, let me help you with that." I said, rushing to help her at human speed. No need to scare the little kids. I mentally laughed.

There were gasps as car doors opened. I grabbed a few bags before they could engulf me in hugs. "Why thank you, dear."

"There is no need to thank me, this is no burden." I said, being kind to her, feeling sorry if I offend her, she has been so caring to me.

"Alright, just set these in the kitchen, will you. I will show our new visitors around." she said, lightly. I nodded.

I ran inside and placed them. I almost wanted to trip on purpose just to see if anyone would run to my side and try to catch me, but that would be mean, huh? I set down the bags and rushed up to Stefan's room. The door was open so I just waltzed on in.

"Our guests are here." I told the boys. Damon laughed darkly, "I said no killing, Damon."

He faked hurt and put a hand to his heart. "That's not very nice."

"Have you met you?"

He chuckled. "Frequently."

I rolled my eyes. "So, do we have any idea where she could be hiding." I asked Stefan, ignoring Damon at the moment.

"There are some possible areas. There is the cemetary, the woods, or somewhere that is near here."

"That's the whole town, Stefan. She could be anywhere if you think that way."

He shrugged his shoulders, "It's all I have."

"So. . .basically, we are back to square one."

Damon laughed. He elbowed me in the stomach. "Don't ruin with his tiny ego."

I laughed. "His ego is not as big as yours. I'm sorry, Stefan. I truely didn't mean anything that could have offended you."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't let Damon get to you. He just wants you to try to damper my ego to make his seem bigger."

I laughed. "If his gets any bigger he might fly away." Stefan laughed with me.

"And he is right here." Damon said, clearly annoyed.

"And he didn't fly away yet." I retorted, mimicking his voice. I bust out laughing. Damon rolled his eyes.

"I'm leaving to feed. Do you want to come with?" Damon asked.

"Nope. I fed before I got here."

He nodded. "Do you want a desert."

I laughed. "I think my psychic is waiting for me to introduce you two. Come, come. You can feed in five minutes. I'll go with you, if that will comvince you."

"Fine." He sighed. He walked behind me and Stefan behind him. I walked down the stairs and into the living room. I stopped and sat on the sofa.