Chapter 19

Everyone laughed and I read people's minds, seeing if I could get a suspect in the person that stole my ring. I had it when I went to Damon's room, because I remember looking at it when I turned the handle. Then I ran into the stake and Edward took my hand, pulling the stake out. I sighed.

"Edward." I said. He looked up and looked at me. I turned on my compulsion and he looked at me straight into the eye.

"Give me my ring back." I told him, firmly.

He reached into his pocket and held out my ring to me. Damon growled.

"First you nearly kill her, then you kill her, now you are trying to kill her again!" Damon said disbelieving. I smiled and walked over, grabbing the ring and sliding it on my finger.

"Damon, he is just having a difficulty dealing with the break-up. I just don't feel like having him forget me, I am too rememberable for that." Damon smirked.

I rolled my eyes at my own comment and pushed Edward, breaking the mind-control. He flew through the door, shocked.

He growled and flew towards me, Volturi gasping, knowing this is a death wish. I sighed and grabbed his arm twisting it behind him and pushing him to the ground. "Do NOT attack me again. You try to kill me, I kill you. Got it?"

He nodded, gasping. "Say it!" I growled.

"I got it! I got it!" He whispered. I smirked and looked at the crowd watching me. I smiled and waved, earning a few laughs, and got off of Edward. He growled and looked at me.

I looked at my watch and ran out of the room. "Is Stefan already at school!" I yelled.

"Yes! He left a few minutes before we lost your ring!" Aro yelled.

"Right! In my car, aspiring students! We are off to learn the secrets of the world!" I said, zooming down the stairs. I came to a halt at the door, taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked outside. I felt fine. I smiled and got in my car, turning it on. The Cullen's were in my car in seconds and Damon leaned in my window and kissed me on the cheek.

"Bye, Damon." I said, mock-annoyance in my voice. He laughed a soft laugh.

"Bye, Princess."

I rolled my eyes and he leaned out, me stomping on the gas. We made it to school minutes before the late bell.

Classes went by fast and then, just as I was about to get in my car, something tackled me to the ground. I looked at the thing to see Edward. IN PUBLIC! Act human, Bella, act human!

I got up, brushing myself off, "I see you aren't afraid to hit a girl!" I yelled. Many heads turned toward us. People started to gather. "Tell me, what brought all this on? Was it me dumping you or me with someone else?" A few people whispered to the others.

"Bella, let's not go there." Edward warned. I laughed.

"You brought it there when you tackled me, Edward. So, care to throw the first punch? I insist."

Edward looked at the crowd, hesitant. "Bella, no here-"

"Why not? If you are going to hit me where no one is looking, you might as well hit me in front of everyone."

"Bella, I-"

"You won't do it where people will see? That is not showing courage. Let's see. I can't throw the first punch. That goes against my own rules."

A few people snickered. Edward poised himself to punch. I didn't want to taunt him, so I left him to punch me, which he did. A few shocked gasps went through the crowd. I laughed, "You punch like a girl. Well, you started it, I am going to finish it."

I walked human speed toward Edward and I grabbed his arm, twisting it behind him and I pushed him to the ground, until he was eating dirt.

"Bella! What are you doing?" Stefan said, running up to me. He saw Edward and looked at me.

I shrugged, "He punched me, I beat him. That is how my life works."

Stefan didn't approve. I heard the principal come out. I let go of Edward and he got up, trying to punch me again. The principal saw this and ran up to us.

"Mr. Cullen, Ms. Swan, what are you doing!"

I turned on my compulsion, "Sir, I was walking to my car when Edward tackled me, I got up and he threw a punch at me. I managed to get him to stop, but I let him go when Stefan talked some sense into me, and you saw the part where Edward started to try to punch me again."

Everyone would believe it, but I told some small lies, like how I provoked him. The rest of the Cullen's were staring with horror at Edward and I.

"Mr. Cullen, is this true?" The principal asked.

"No, sir, it's not! I would never hit a girl!" Edward said. A few crowd members yelled in disagreement.

"No, he hit her! She didn't lay a hand on him! He hit her!" People yelled. The principal raised an eyebrow and Edward looked like he just noticed the crowd. He was caught.

"Mr. Cullen, I will ask you again. Did you hit Bella first?"

Edward bowed his head in shame. "Yes."

"Did she hit you back?"

"Yes."

I gasped, "I didn't hit him! I put his punching hand behind his back! I made him sit on the ground so that he wouldn't hit me."

I few people yelled in agreement. Elena and Bonnie came out of the shocked crowd.

"Stefan, what's going on?" Elena said.

Stefan looked at Elena then back at me. "Bella got in a fight with Edward."

"He fought her! He could have killed her, Stefan!"

Stefan silenced Elena. The principal dragged both me and Edward into the office and we talked it all over.