Eleven

Chess nights with Uncle Rudy suddenly didn't seem completely useless to Sherlock Holmes as he stared over the board at his opponent. He cleared his throat, folding his hands under his chin. "I know what I get out of this. But what about you ?" His opponent smiled maliciously, her crimson red lips curving upwards. "Dinner." He paled imperceptibly, eyes examining her dilated pupils. He looked down hurriedly. "After you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He smirked in triumph as he slid the remaining piece into place, blocking her king. "Checkmate." The Woman's shoulders slumped as his queen slid into place. She raised a hand and pointed at Sherlock. A man stepped forward. He reached into his suit. Sherlock stood up, bracing himself for a gun. Instead, a cream coloured envelope was handed to him. He frowned as Irene stood up, motioning for him to follow. They walked into a side room. Irene shut the door softly before turning back to Sherlock. "Tell me again, how exactly did you know the Peters ?" He asked, flipping through the file. "I knew what they liked." His head snapped up, face a mix of revulsion and horror. She laughed . "Dear me Mr Holmes ! You mustn't look so shocked, it's so unbecoming !" He frowned. "In the envelope you'll find all of the Peters' known aliases. And two invitations to the Obsidian ball." At that, he looked up, brows furrowing. "Two ?"
"One for Lucille and one for you of course."
"Why Lucy ?"
"Oh so it's Lucy now !" He scowled before ruffling his hair and walking towards the door. "As always Miss Adler, a pleasure but I really must be going." Her eyes glinted mischievously as she grabbed his arm, effectively spinning him around. She pulled his lips down to meet hers. He froze, rigid and unmoving. Eventually, he stepped back. "Miss Adler I would stay for dinner, but unfortunately, you lost." He smirked, walking away and leaving The Woman with a bemused smile on her face.

AN : Hey guys!!! Sorry it's so short but hope you enjoyed Xx