Chapter 12: Lost Identity

----Author POV----

Sienna rose her scythe in the air and Catherine watched in horror as Sienna continued to rise her scythe higher and higher. In a single motion, a gust of wind struck down but not a single hair on Catherine was touched or grazed. Catherine looked up to find a new Grimware along side her mother's Grimware restraining Sienna with their abilities. Christopher's Grimware started to breathe out red flaming fire at Sienna. Sienna cried out in pain and Catherine felt all of it. Catherine stood up and ran in between her restrained half and the fire dragon Grimware.

"MOVE OUT THE WAY CATHERINE!!" Her older brother's voice boomed throughout her mind but she still stood her ground, wrapping her body around her friend. Tears welled up but none threatened to fall. None. Lost for words, all of the Grimwares stepped away from Catherine. Leaving one by one until nobody was in her way.

"Hey. Dummy. Why save me?"

"You dumbass. We're the same."

"I would've done both of us a favor."

"How? And why is Gonzo so important to almost die?!"

" When a person your bounded to dies or rejects or cheats on you only you can feel it not them."

"What's 'it' ?"

"You really are a dumbass. The line snapped. It's what we reapers call the death penalty. Sure werewolf's, vampire's, fairie's' and humans both soul mates can feel their heart break. We Grimwares and you reapers on the other hand, literally have our heart breaking or popping."

"So are we...still alive?"

"Yup were alive....kinda. I won't recommend going to another doctors appointment. We still are alive and still sorta dead at the same time. We don't have a heart...literally, so we don't have a pulse or anything. Sorta like your mom but different. She's fully dead but we're half dead."