Part 1

Thank you my dears for voting and commenting on the prologue..Here is the next update..
__________________________

Sanskaar stood with his eyes closed in front of the deity of Shiva in the temple. He was wearing only a white color mundu/ dhoti and was shirtless. (Men are not allowed to wear shirts inside the temples in Kerala) 

After his prayers, he took the prasadam (a leaf in which sandal paste and flowers are there )from the priest and applied the chandanam (sandal paste) on his forehead and below his collar bone. Then he took the theertham (holy water) in his right hand, drank it piously and moved the same palm along the top of his head.

He walked out of the temple and put on his shirt. Then he waited for his mother, Annapurna who hadn't finished her prayers.

After some minutes, she too came out of the temple.

Sa: Amma, shall we leave..

An: Hmm..(nods her head)

Both of them walked towards his bike which was parked outside. He half folded his mundu upwards and tied the ends together 

Its worn Like this :

and mounted his bike

and mounted his bike.Annapurna too mounted at the back and sat sideways holding his shoulder..

***************************

The bike arrived into the huge courtyard of the "Mangalasseri" tharavaadu (ancestral house)..

Mangalasseri was a well known Menon family of that village and the tharavaadu was also named after the family

Sanskaar's father, Shri. Durgaprasad Menon, had passed away when he was only six years old. He was an army officer.

Sanskaar and Annapurna alighted from the bike and walked inside the house. Sanskaar walked upstairs to his room and changed his mundu and shirt and put on a pair of formal pants and a plain blue shirt.

He walked down the wooden stairs and walked towards the dining room. He sat down on a chair and inverted his plate which had been lying upside down. He could smell the aroma of freshly cooked dosa which was wafting from the kitchen.