Part 16

It was evening and Swara was standing in front of the deity of Lord Shiva-Parvathy with her eyes closed. She was praying for a happy marriage life for herself and Sanskaar. Tomorrow was their wedding day and she had come to the temple to seek blessings for the same.

After finishing her prayers, she took the prasadam from the temple priest and returned back to home with her friends and cousin sisters who had accompanied her to the temple.

Sharmishta Amma's house was decorated well with lights and flowers and a huge Pandhal (marquee/shamiyana) erected in the front courtyard.

Guests and relatives surrounded Swara, once she entered the premises and after that she was very much busy mingling with them all.

Shekhar and Sharmishta also were very much busy and they were really happy for their daughter.

*************************

Sanskaar was feeling really restless finding himself among the crowd of his friends and relatives. All he wanted was to be with Swara since it had been almost one week since he actually saw her.

Even if they were staying in two adjacent houses, their families have made it quite clear that they should meet only at the time of their wedding.

He made some excuse and slipped off to his room quietly. He dialed Swara's number and impatiently waited for Swara to pick the call.

After a few rings, Swara answered the call.

Sw: Sanskaar...(whispers excitedly)

Sanskaar smiled and gave a noisy smooch on to the mobile. Swara blushed and giggled at his gesture.

Sa: (husky tone)Hello my princess..How are you..?

Sw: (shyly) Sanskaar..I miss you..

Sa: Hmm..(smiles happily) Don't worry..Just wait for tomorrow and then you will be mine..(naughtily)...I won't make you miss me after that..

Sw: (smiles widely) Sanskaar..!

Sa: I love you Swara...

Sw: I love you too Sanskaar..

Sanskaar could hear someone calling her name in the background.

Sw: (whispers frantically) Sanskaar..I need to go now..Amma is calling me..

Sa: (whines) Nooo..wait..

Sw: (hastily)Bye Sanskaar..See you tomorrow..Goodnight..Mmmuaaahhh..

And she disconnected the call, without waiting for him to say anything.

Sanskaar let out a deep impatient sigh and smiled.

Sa: Huhhh..!! Tomorrow...Will you please come soon..?!

*********************

WEDDING CEREMONY

On the next day, the Swara's family was all set to welcome Sanskaar and his family into the Marriage Hall.

Sanskaar was wearing a cream colour full sleeve silk shirt and a cream colour silk mundu (dhoti) with thin golden border.