Part 3

Thank u dears for your love and support..I really appreciate all your votes and comments..
_____________________

Swara was sitting in her room and was holding a photo frame close to her chest. Her eyes were moist and she was gazing out of the window trying to recollect her childhood memories with her mother. She remembered the way her mother always took care of her. Sharmishta used to shower all the affection upon Swara when she was a child.

But then she used to wonder, what went wrong between her parents. She just couldn't get the reason behind their split up. She had tried a lot in the past to get an answer from her father. But he always avoided such questions and tried to make her more close to his new wife, Janki.

While she tried to delve deeper into the past, a hand on her shoulder brought her back to the present. She quickly wiped her tears away and looked at its owner. It was Annapurna, Sanskaar's mother.

Sw: (smiles) Aunty..

Annapurna realized that she was upset about something and her instincts told that she might be missing her mother. She inwardly scolded her son for doing this to Chinnu.

An: Chinnu..Come now..Let us have lunch..I don't know much about your tastes. You know, you are from Mumbai and all..And I only know to make Kerala style dishes..I hope you like it.

Sw: (grins widely) No worries, Aunty..I love Kerala food..Till I was eight years, I had only eaten the food made by Amma and still its taste lingers in my mouth. (looks away sadly , then slowly says)You don't know how much I have missed her..(tears fill in her eyes)

Annapurna's eyes also filled with tears and she hugged Swara.

An: Don't worry..You will soon be with her..

Swara smiled abruptly and broke from the hug.

Sw: Aunty..When will she return from her journey..Is she happy in her life now..(pauses) Errr..I mean, with her new husband..?

Annapurna got really angry by now at Sanskaar for telling such lies to Swara.

An: Err..Chinnu..When you meet her, you ask yourselves ok..Now come and have your lunch.

Annapurna led Swara to the dining area and she saw Sanskaar, sitting at the table.

He usually had lunch from home and then went back to his super market.

Swara pretended as if he didn't exist and she just sat down two seats away from him.

Sanskaar suddenly noticed the tears in her eyes and he felt bad for her. Just at that moment, he decided to tell her that her mother was living next door only and that she was in the wrong house.

As he opened his mouth to tell her the truth, Annapurna came in with steaming rice and served them. The other dishes were sambar, aviyal (kind of mixed vegetables dish), pappadam, mango pickle etc.

Sa: (happily) Amma..wow..you made my favorite, avial..?

Annapurna smiled at Swara and replied.

An: Chinnu has come here for the first time..I thought of making something special..

Sanskaar looked at Swara and saw her smiling. But that smile just didn't reach her eyes and he felt really guilty, realizing the same.

She started to have her food and now he decided to be cordial with her.

Sa: (smiling)Swara..Did you like the food..?

Swara looked at him and nodded without a smile. She still couldn't forgive him for the incident in the morning.