Part 8

That night, Sanskaar was lying on his bed in deep thought. He has been trying to sleep for a few minutes. But whenever he tried to close his eyes, the moments which he had spent with Swara would prop up in his mind's eye. It was like this the whole day also. Even at his super market, he kept thinking about her again and again.

He thought now, " Am I falling in love with Swara..? But how can I love her..? Next Sunday, I will be getting engaged to Manju..But I never have had this kind of feelings or attraction towards Manju..In fact, I haven't even thought about Manjusha in this way.."

He tried to remember the day when all this started.

***********FLASHBACK************

One month ago...

Sanskaar had just arrived back from his shop in the evening. He was surprised to see Dr. Sreedharan Nair in the sitting room, talking with Annapurna.

Sreedharan and his family had been their neighbours for many years. He was Durgaprasad's best friend and his only daughter, Manjusha was Ragini's best friend since childhood.

Sanskaar was only three years older than Manjusha and Ragini. And sometimes he also used to play with them in their childhood.

But then three years ago, his family had shifted to a new house situated in the town area. Since then, they had met each other only at few occasions.

Sa:(smiles widely) Uncle, how are you..?

Annapurna smiled at Sanskaar and asked him to sit down.

S.D: (smiles) I am fine Sanskaar, I came to see you..I was waiting for you to come back..

Sa: What happened..? Is there anything which I can do for you, uncle..?

S.D: Of course..It's a marriage proposal for you..

Sanskaar was surprised and he laughed softly.

Sa: No No..I am not planning to marry yet. First of all I have to find a good alliance for Ragini. She is 25 years old and I am searching for a matching groom for her.

S.D: It's your father Durgaprasad's wish, my dear..

Sa: (surprised) Really..? What are you trying to say..?

S.D: You know that he died when you were only six years old. Before that, when Manjusha was born, he told me his wish. He wanted you to marry my daughter, Sanskaar. Moreover, our family astrologer have predicted that this is the right time for her marriage and he advised us not to delay her marriage. That is why I am rushing this proposal.

Sa: (shocked) Manju and me..?? What are you saying Uncle?? She is just like Ragini for me -- a younger sister.!!

S.D: But this was your father's wish, Sanskaar, and I had given my word to him ! You can ask Annapurna. She also knows about this.

Sa: But I can't marry her. I have never thought about Manju in that way..

S.D: But she agreed to this proposal when I asked her. She likes you, Sanskaar..!

Sanskaar was at a loss for words. He couldn't believe his ears. He looked at Annapurna and she was smiling in approval. His head was reeling with all this new revelations. He thought for some time and then glanced at Doctor uncle.

Sa: (seriously) Uncle, I will think about this proposal. But please give me this night to decide. I will let you know, tomorrow..

S.D: Ok then..