Part 11

Thank u so much dears for all your support and love..

Here comes the next chapter..

____________________

Sh: Well..That was a compromise..Our marriage was not real...She was my best friend in the college.

#########FLASHBACK########

Shekhar Nair never loved his own motherland -- Kerala. He had always dreamed of living a luxurious life in a big city like Mumbai.

The first chance he got to be outside Kerala was when he got his admission in a college in Bangalore. He soon became engrossed in the busy city life.

His best friends were Akshay Kirloskar and Janki Lokhande. They were from Mumbai and so he loved hanging out with them. Slowly Akshay and Janki fell in love.

After college, Akshay and Shekhar wanted to set up a business in Mumbai. But the plan was cancelled and Shekhar had to return to his native place in Kerala according to his father's wish that he ought to run his family business.

After one year, Shekhar had to marry Sharmishta, who was a typical Keralite village girl according to his father's decision and Swara was born after one year. He always had a half mind to leave everything and pursue his Mumbai dreams.

He inwardly blamed his father and Sharmishta for his inability to realize his dreams. He felt as a prisoner in his own motherland.

After four years, he finally handed over the business into the hands of his younger brother, Sivaraman and left off to Mumbai with Sharmishta and Swara.

He had lost his contacts with Janki and Akshay, so he started a new business and soon it prospered.

However he could never love his own wife with all his heart. She was a village girl and he hated that fact. But he tried his best to fulfil the duties as a husband.

But Swara was the apple of his eyes. He showered her with all his love and Sharmishta was content with that fact.

After three years,(i.e., in 2001) when Swara was eight years old, Sharmishta received a letter from her village in Kerala stating that her mother was severely ill. Since she was her only daughter, there was no one to take care of her mother.

She pleaded to Shekhar to take her to Kerala for some time and he reluctantly agreed to it. He hated that place.

It was then that Swara fell into the pond and was rescued Sanskaar, who was 11 years old at that time. Shekhar put all the blame on Sharmishta that she was not even careful enough to look after Swara.

He took her back to Mumbai, leaving Sharmishta all alone with her sick mother who had to be taken care of.

After coming back to Mumbai, one day he met Janki again. He was shocked to learn that Akshay was in jail.

She told him her story. Her father Mr. Vinayak Lokhande was against their marriage. So they decided to opt for a secret court marriage. When they were about to sign the papers, some goons appointed by Vinayak tried to kill Akshay and he had to kill three of them after a deadly combat. Akshay was sentenced to life time imprisonment for fifteen years.

Her father also died after a year and she was all alone. It was then that she met Shekhar. He decided to take care of her and invited her to live with him and his daughter, Swara.

They decided to act as if they are married. They decided to stay with each other till Akshay got his release from the prison. They used to go and visit Akshay time and again. No one knew about this -- not even Swara.