Part 18

Thanks for voting and commenting on the previous update dears.

Here comes the next update..
___________________

After having her bath in the morning, when Swara came into the kitchen, Annapurna smiled at her.

An: Chinnu..

Sw: Amma..I want to help you..Please tell me what I should do..Its that I don't know anything much..I will learn quickly..

Annapurna's smile widened and she placed her palm on her shoulder.

An: Chinnu..You can learn everything slowly and I will teach you..But today I will assign you one work..

Sw: (eagerly) What is it..? I will surely do..

An: Come with me..

As they walked along the corridor

An: Today is Attham..And its your duty to make a 'pookkalam' in the courtyard for ten days from today onwards..

Sw: Oh wow..I know its a part of celebrating Onam festival right..? In Mumbai, my Amma used to make it in front of our villa's front door when I was a child..And I also used to help her..But then after Papa took me back to Mumbai after leaving her here in Kerala, I used to miss celebrating Onam..Papa never celebrated it and Janki aunty also didn't know about such a festival..

Tears filled her eyes at the thought about her bitter childhood memories and Annapurna noticed it. She pinched Swara's cheeks lovingly.

An: Chinnu..What is this..Its your first day here after your marriage, and I don't want tears inside your eyes ok..!

Sw: (smiles) Ok..

They had reached the front courtyard by then.

An: Okay now..You can pluck flowers from around the garden and make a really nice pookkalam ok..? I will ask Ragini also to help you..!

Ragini arrived just then..

Ra: Yes Swara Edathy (means Ettan's wife) I am also here to help..Come on..

****************

After a while, when Sanskaar came out into the verandah, he was surprised to find Swara along with Ragini who were busy giving the finishing touches to the 'pookkalam'. They made a really simple but nice design, which they could make from the available flowers and some leaves at home.

 They made a really simple but nice design, which they could make from the available flowers and some leaves at home