abduction pt 2

Shawn's P.O.V

Sitting with Y/N in the police department I couldn't stop shaking my leg. What would the police say, what if they told us there was nothing to be done.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mendes we assure you we are doing everything we can in this moment to find your daughter. Can you explain to us again the last time you saw her" the detective looked at us.

"we saw her at the park a little after lunch time. She ran off with her brother in the park and then he came back without her" Y/N sighed.

"so you weren't paying attention to your children?"

"we were! How could you say that. I took my eyes off of them for a second there were other families in the park as well" I could tell Y/N was getting upset.

Putting my hand on her thigh I just tried to calm her down.

"it's okay Y/N they just want to know everything so they can help us get Lily back" I looked at her.

"okay" she sighed running her hand through her hair.

"so you guys had your eyes off of your children for a second? Is there anyone you can think of that might want to take your daughter away from you?" the detective asked again.

"yes we had our eyes off them for a second maybe a minute" I said.

"I can't think of anyone who would want to take Lily. I mean our parents were with us and Lily isn't in school yet" Y/N said.

"okay, we will keep looking and let you know if we find or hear anything, we'll be in touch" the detective smiled.

Walking out of the police department Y/N and me were like zombies.

"Shawn! oh my god!" Y/N screamed.

Running towards our car she knelt down beside it and started sobbing.

"where were you!" Y/N cried pulling back.

"Lily!" I ran over and pulled both of them into a hug.

"mommy I just went for ice cream with uncle!" Lily smiled. "he said you knew about it"

"what?" Y/N's mouth hung open.

"he said so" Lily smiled.

"Lily what exactly did he say?" I asked.

"he said that him and mommy made plans for taking me out for ice cream and that mommy knew and must have forgot he said he would have me back in a bit"

"oh god" Y/N sat down and leaned against the car. "I did tell him he could take the kids but why he just took Lily is beyond me and the fact he didn't tell me" Y/N cried.

"hey hey it's okay babes!" I sighed. "Lily stay with your mom i'll be right back"

Running back into the department I found the detective and told them what happened.

"so she was just in the parking lot?"

"yes"

"and your wife's brother took her for ice cream?"

"that's what she told us"

"okay, do you have contact information for Y/N's brother?"

"yes, here you go!" I gave her the number and then left.

"let's go home" I said to the girls as I walked outside.

I still couldn't understand why Y/N's brother would take Lily without telling us but hopefully the detective would be able to figure it out.