Chapter 10

Margaret's P.O.V.

And right when I opened the door, I heard the words that I thought would never hurt me so much.

"...but Andrew you have to know." She cried.

"Know what? Gert it was almost 7 years ago." He yelled.

"But a day never passed knowing that your still in my heart that I still love you. I...I LOVE YOU, and I regret telling you to go after her." She was crying even harder.

I felt like crying. It's like she stabbed me right to my fucking heart.

I just stood between the door frame and the door, pretending I was invisible. I slowly walked back inside pretending I never heard anything. I took a much needed deep breath and slowly made my way out again saying. "I got it."

The both looked straight at me with eyes wide open, because I have interrupted a much serious conversation...again.

"Margaret?" Andrew had a mixed of confusion and anger on his face. "How long have you been there?"

"I just got here. It took forever to find this measuring tape. Why? Did I miss something?" I lied.

"No...no not really." Gert replied. "Anyways I should get going."

"Do you want me to give a ride?" I offered Gert.

"No...no it's fine I'm just a couple of houses down." She said walking away. Once she was out of our sight, I told Andrew I needed to get back to town.

"Do you want me to go with you?" He asked.

Andrew's P.O.V.

I don't know what Margaret heard but if she heard anything, we needed to talk about it.

She shook her head no. "You don't have to, but if you wish you may." She said walking down the steps.

"Well then I'll go." I said following her.

"You know they say, it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride wearing the wedding dress." She said smiling delicately, holding on to her purse strap.

"I know, but I won't look I promise." I replied. "Are you going to be wearing a new dress or..."

"Nope, I'll be wearing the same dress as the last time, but Gammie and Grace wanted a new dresses." She said cutting me off, slightly skipping every other step.

"You know I love it that your so simple yet very elegant." I said making her blush a little.

"Thank you." She whispered.

We walked slowly and quietly to the boat, the atmosphere was quiet and all we could hear was the delicate wave of the ocean water. I drove the boat to town and we walked to Gammies old tailor shop.

"Should I come in or are they just gonna kick me out?" I asked crinkling my nose.

"You can come in, I don't think they'll kick you out because you already know how the dress looks like on me. I don't think I want to put it on right now." She laughed.

We walked inside and the shop hasn't changed a bit. It was just like how I remembered it from when I was younger. Mom and Gammie measured the sizes and looked at sketches for their dresses. After all the measuring, I offered to take the four of us to lunch. We went to the local Sitka restaurant Margaret and I went to.

As we were walking, Margaret started to rub her head with her thumb and index finger.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked holding her shoulders, she seemed like she was going out of balance. Her head must be aching.

"Yeah I guess I'm just hungry. We should really get lunch." She replied quietly.

Margaret's P.O.V.

That was weird, I felt dizzy but I guess I'm just hungry.

•Narrator•

When the four of them got to the restaurant, they all sat down and looked at the menu and ordered their food. Andrew, Gammy, and Grace got their food already but Margaret doesn't seem to know what she wanted to eat.

"Hey sweetie are you planning to eat?" Grace asked Margaret.

"Yea...yeah I'm just not sure what to eat, but I guess I'll just have a...salad? Yes I'll just have a salad." Margaret called the waiter and told him what she wanted to eat.

Everybody was chatting their afternoon and lunch away when Margaret's food came. Margaret just looked at it and didn't seem to want to eat it, but she doesn't want anyone to think that she being picky so as she chatted with the family she plays with her food with her fork.

"Honey are you gonna eat?" Andrew whispered, he had noticed that she haven't put any salad in her mouth.

"Yeah." She whispered back. "I'm just not feeling it right now."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Andrew asked.

"Yes I am." Margaret said slowly trying eat her salad.

"You've been very quiet since you got back from finding the measuring tape."

"There's just nothing to talk about, that's all." She shot back.

Andrew inhaled heavily dropping the conversation.

After lunch they all went back to the house. On their home, Margaret seemed to be leaning on Andrew a lot.