ju | 21 questions and amusement parks

noah

"noah, lets go on that one." emma is dragging me towards the biggest rollercoaster, the one who loops and drops. i didn't know she loved rollercoasters this much. we somehow ended up being split from the group, after the rest of them were too scared to go on the coasters with her and i, being me, made myself out to be this brave soul. i didnt think she would be this insane. i had to stay with her, because i didn't think letting her run around alone was safe.

"emma, i'd love to, but aren't you getting tired?" i try to ease my way out. i've never really dared to take those with 360 loops.

"are you scared? say you're scared and we wont take it." she says, smugly. she's been getting me to admit that since i proudly declared i wasnt. the rest of the cast knew, which was why they took that opportunity to ditch me.

"no im not, lets go, if you can get past the height restrictions." she hits my stomach lightly, pulling me towards it. oh boy, what have i gotten myself into.

we get buckled up and im sweating while she sits next to me looking thrilled. "noah, i know you're scared, but trust me, after your first 360, you'll never be afraid of them again." she pats my hand and i involuntarily grip it for comfort. "it'll be fine, you'll feel like you can conquer anything."

the ride starts moving and i have to let go of her hand due to the safety restrictions. i'm gripping the handles so tightly. i feel her gently patting my arm as we climb up. "it's going to be fun!" she yells at me and i'm so scared i cant even reply.

the rest of the way im screaming so loudly i can't hear anything else but the sound of myself. we were going so fast i could barely feel when we looped and after the first loop, i begin to feel the adrenaline rush.

"that was fun right?" she tells me breathlessly as we pull back to the starting point.

"oh my god." was all i can manage and she laughs. the worker high fives me, then highfives her, giving her a wink. i intinctively pull her to my side, and she puts her arms around my waist.

"wanna go again?" she suggests and on command, my stomach growls.

"okay! let's go eat then." she announces and i rub her head, to which she swats me away.

"should we group back up?" she asks and i pull out my phone to check if they messaged me.

david: yo dude, we decided you should make this a real date so don't think about grouping back up with us --cierra and friends

i look down at emma, who is smiling so big her cheeks probably hurt. a real date wouldnt hurt.

"we've officially been ditched, i don't think they want to group up with us. those assholes." i tell her and her face falls slightly.

"no, it's not that they don't like you, they want me to take you on a date. so what do you say? a date?" i offer and she hesitates, then smiles. "i've hardly ever been dates so this better be good, centineo."

"challenge accepted. this is going to be your best first date, babygirl."

"love that for me, so are we going to get food now or do you want to go on that again?" she asks and i grab the map from my backpocket.

"okay, we can get burgers, it's the best thing here." i direct her to the. best burger place within the park, getting her order while i ask her to sit in the booth because im paying fro her food. she initally argues with me, but then i throw her the reason that it's a date so she isnt allowed to pay.

"here's your food, mlady!" i push the two trays of burgers and fries on the table. she eats, completely unconscious about her image, which gives me a warm feeling in my chest because she's so unpretentious around me.