ni-ju-yon | is that david dobrik?

emma

chloe is mad at me.

she's yelling and screaming and pacing around our dorm.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU DROP THE LOVE BOMB AND HE JUST KISSED YOU. WHAT THE HELL?"

"chlo-"

"I KNEW HE WASNT A GOOD PERSON EW WHAT THE FUCK? AND YOU! I TOLD YOU YOU GET TOO ATTACHED EASILY WHY DID YOU TELL HIM!"

"chloe, i-"

"OH MY GOD HE'S PLAYING YOU HE JUST WANTS YOU FOR SEX."

"CHLOE!" i finally screech out, stopping her frantic breakdown.

"i told him not to say it back if he wasn't ready. i don't know why it's such a big deal to hide what i'm feeling. if he isn't ready then he isn't, it's fine! stop fussing!" i was frankly getting annoyed at how anxious she was. was it that big of a deal? my parents don't usually say i love you to me, but i always thought it was just because in asian culture your parents are not your friends, unlike western culture.

"you're not even offering sex though? wait ARE YOU?"

"NO! i made it clear! i'm... not ready." i squirm. no one really prepared me for this. talking about sex openly is basically taboo.

"this is a mistake he's just gonna take advantage of you now, you're gonna get manipulated i swear! that son of a bitch!"

"he's not like that, chill. didn't you like him? why do you talk like you hate his guts now?" she's had a sudden change in attitude towards noah ever since noah and i started hanging out more.

"i did! i just don't want you to get hurt! i mean he's some famous actor and people like him can get anyone they want! i just feel like they wont appreciate people enough because they can be easily replaced." she rambles on, clearly frustrated.

"is this about sterling?" i ask apprehensively.

"yes- no- i mean no? ugh both! he's so infuriating i asked him the classic what are we and he said whatever you want? WHATEVER YOU WANT? are you kidding me?!" she fumes, punching a pillow. i don't get it, didnt that mean he wanted anything she wanted?

"uhhh.."

"it means he's implying that he doesn't want to define it!" she clarifies. "we're gone on like 5 dates and we've had sex, if he just wants me as a fuck buddy then just say so! don't waste my time on dates and all that stuff stringing me along!"

"maybe you should talk to him? he probably doesn't understand that whatever you want means something else, i mean i don't get it, it doesn't make sense."

"if that's the case, then he's so fucking dense. whatever, i'm just not gonna bother with him for now." she grabs her purse, slinging it over her shoulder.

"i'm going out, see you later!"

-
i enter noah's apartment with the spare key he gave me after i texted him that i was going over to play with mocha latte. the small creature brushes against my legs as i enter, rubbing the top of its head. i take my shoes off and pick the cat up.

"hello baby." i coo, rocking it in my arms. i set my stuff down on noah's coffee table, planting myself in front of my laptop and books. mocha latte settles into my lap as i mindlessly pet him.

"meowww." he complains when i get up to make a stew for dinner. noah was working late today, so i guess he'll be tired. mocha latte tries to climb up my legs but his claws aren't sharp enough to hook onto my clothes. i throw all the ingredients in and put the pot on low heat. when i finally settle back down, he curls up on my lap and falls asleep. i finish up my essay and weekly assignment just as noah opens the door.