15: Why is he back?(edited)

Anisa:
I was unable to speak further because my heart hurt and my throat felt dry from recalling the embarrassing situations that involved our family. I felt guilty because I had mistakenly trusted the wrong person in part of the time.

"Hey, hey, relax." Please do not worry if you are not ready; I will not force you to discuss this subject."I nodded as Ayman's cool voice pulled me out of my reverie.

"Thank you," I said, acknowledging that ever since his return, he has always supported and shielded me. In just a matter of twelve days, he even won my heart once more.

How did I manage to become so fortunate even after making a grave error that could have cost us everything?

I did as he instructed and closed my eyes, thanking Allah. "Calm down, breath in and out."

"Let us think about our wedding and put everything else aside now." Though we did not have a big engagement program, we could still do it first and then discuss the wedding date "He said, 'I always wanted someone who would think of me, care for me, love me, protect me, and call me his. Who does not dream of that and ask Allah to send someone, and that someone is right here, the most amazing person who could get any girl, but he wants me even without knowing what happened within those 12 years.

"Let us just fix wedding dates since both of our parents are here and let us not waste any more money,"I made the suggestion because I have always preferred small gatherings, but since our families are well-known, we had to go ahead and do it. I simply said that I accepted him because that is what everyone else said, but only I truly understand the courage it takes to be with someone again.

He began teasing, "Ahem ahem someone is so eager to be wife," with a smirk, and I smiled. It made me think of someone who had come into my life when I was trying to move on; they had shown me dreams, but ultimately had broken them to pieces.

I just shyly turned away. It is normal for girls to feel shy, even if they have known someone for a long time, but learning about a wedding is an incredible feeling. However, I had a question.

"Will he even flee, just like Iqbal did?"Am I suitable for Ayman?"My mind was racing with ideas when I asked myself that question.

It is amazing how the people we meet shape our lives—some become teachers, some become fond memories, some become experiences, and some become our worst fears.

"Let me call everyone," he said, standing up and heading to the phone.

Soon, everyone entered our room with a smile on their faces; their dreams had come true, and they had always wanted us to be together...

Happiness is seeing our parents smile and knowing that we are the reason for that smile!

"Finally, our kids have made their decision; let us hurry because we have to go to the mosque for prayers," my father told the guys, and uncle Ahmad agreed that they always try to go to the masjid (mosque) and pray with everyone; it is a blessing.

"Yes, I am very excited to have her as our daughter."There are very few people in the world who have always loved me as much as Ayman's mother said.

As everyone waited for our response, mom inquired, "So when have you guys decided?"

"The decision has been left up to us," Ayman's mother said, adding that since we will be spending our entire lives together, it is up to us to make sure we are happy with it.

"Ask Anisa, since we thought it would be a waste to redo the engagement function—the wedding main functions will be enough," Ayman said, to which they all grinned and nodded in agreement.

"Yes, mom, whenever you all think it is okay, we need your blessings and duas," I said to the group of people including my mother.

"December, or three months from now?"Everyone agreed when my mother suggested the month, and we all gave each other hugs and congrats.

When the nurse arrived—who only showed up when it was time for physical therapy—I was still in some pain, but I was also healing, so that was a positive sign. The guys left for their prayers while we were praying together.

******
"Will you try walking without a walker today?"She asked me, looking worried, but she had been so kind and patient with me, unlike other hospital nurses who were quickly running out of patience.

Mom and aunt sat on the bed while the nurse helped me. She advised me to try to stand up, and after two weeks, I did so without assistance. I thanked Allah and began to take baby steps without a walker. I felt weak because I was eating less, which is how I eat; I am not sure how people who eat a lot eat; I try, but I can't.

I took about three steps, and everyone was always encouraging me. I knew I would fall soon because I could not stand it any longer. I needed some more time and a walker, but I continued walking just as I was about to lose my balance. A voice of concern caught my attention.

Ayman's irate voice boomed through the room, "Careful you can see she can not walk anymore then why are you forcing her damnit give her some more time," and all eyes were on him as the nurse hurried over to make me sit on the bed slowly.

He yelled, "Do not force her," once more, and we all turned to look at him. He was too busy glaring at the poor nurse, who was merely going about her work, to realize that so many people were staring at him.

"It is not her fault," I attempted to support her because I was the one who was prepared to go it alone.

"Yes, as usual, keep saving everyone," he remarked, ambiguously asking why he was treating people badly. He may be my lover, but why does he act so irrationally toward other people?

Complete silence enveloped me as I sat there. I thanked the nurse and mom for changing the atmosphere in the room and bringing everyone's mood down. There was no tension in the room.

We all laughed and talked after Mom said, "So we have a lot of preparations to do just three months InshaaAllah."

My phone vibrated right before bed, and there were a ton of messages because I do not use it much these days. Twice a day, I check my apps, and there was an unknown number.

I never open unknown numbers normally. After giving it some thought, I clicked on the message, and my eyes widened upon reading it. For some reason, I felt that I should open it, just in case it was an emergency or someone had changed the number.

Just those two words, "Am back," made me shudder in terror and make me want to jump off the phone. He is back, and I do not want him to hurt my family.

Ya Allah, why is he returning just when I was thinking of moving on from my error and forgetting the past?No matter how hard I try to find happiness, something always seems to get in the way.

Please Allah help me through this...