Chapter 14

When you had arrived to Tsunade's office your brother and Gaara were still have an active glare battle. Naruto, Sakura, Shizune, Gai and Tsunade were present. Kakashi had walked through the door moments avoiding any eye contact with you. When he passed you grinned evilly cracking your knuckles. 

Tsunade coughed gaining everyone's attention. You stood at the middle as she spoke.

"(Y/N)-san.... You've recovered quickly." She stated hesitantly.You couldn't blame her for being so cautious with her words. Tsunade was the one with the most knowledge on your situation. You assumed she had instructed that no one discuss your issue after the had found you seven years ago. After she had cured you, training had been your number on priority. It had kept your mind off of your family for the time being and it had worked for a while.

"Yes..thanks to Oni-san I'm fine." you replied softly. All eyes turned to your brother. He stepped forward standing next to you.

"I owe you all a great debt for saving my sister, there is no possible way I can ever repay you so please accept my thanks." He bowed respectfully at Tsunade who stood shaking her head.

"It wasn't a problem, there is however an issue I would like to address." Tsunade's tone sounded serious.

"How did you know where the rogue was heading and how were you able to enter the village undetected." Tsunade accused. Your eyes hardened as you stood in front of (B/N) protectively.

"Tsunade-sama why are you-" your brother shook his head at you gesturing for you to back down.

"I heard the news while I was travelling. After I had lost my sister and my parents I was merely drifting. I had....tried to take my life multiple times but, it seems that some cruel being wanted me to live." he laughed bitterly. You bite your lip in anger.

"Why is she treating him like a threat!" you fists were clenched shaking at your side. Gaara noticed, it taking a step closer to you. There was an uncomfortable silence around you as they listened intently.

"I was taken in by a family a few villages away from here, I trained and honed my skills to track done the monster that took everything from me." The coldness you saw before returned to his eyes, the same look he wore when he killed the rogue.

When I had finally tracked him I heard about a girl he was targeting, I didn't know it was (Y/N) until I felt her....her chakra it was all over your village. I sneaked into the village the same way the rogue did, using clones of kids. I had to make sure.. I needed to know if my sister was still alive."

He released a breathy sigh. "When I saw her I couldn't believe it. I needed to protect her this time. I was going to run ever again." He stated looking at Tsunade dead in the eyes. You were surprised at how much he had grown. He was no longer your goofy trouble making brother. The thought was a bit saddening. He lost his innocence forced to grow before his time, and he had done it all alone. You knew first hand how painful it was being the one who survived because of weakness. It finally made sense why you always had a problem summoning animals, somewhere in the back of your mind you had always help a fear for them it seemed. One that you weren't even fully aware of.

Tsunade looked at you brother before she smiled sympathetically. "You have aid us also, that very rogue has been a hard one to track, we underestimated his skills by not taking the threat seriously."

Shizune smiled brightly as Tsunade took a seat. "You are free to remain in the village if you wish. Konoha is open to you."

You grinned at Tsunade's words bouncing happily as you hugged your brother from the side.

"You're gonna love it here Oni-san!!" you declared. Everyone looked relieved that you were back to normal, especially after what had gone down.

"Oh! By the way, why are you here Gaara-kun?" Sakura asked curiously. You turned to him wondering the same. Yes he came to make sure you were alright but that couldn't have been the only reason. It was stupid a bit vain to assume he dropped everything just to make sure you were alright. Wasn't it?

"I am here for (Y/N), it's only natural to be worried about my lover." There was no embarrassment in his words. He looked as stoic as usual. Unfazed by the startled expressions everyone in the room wore at his statement.

You face flamed up at his bold confession. "D-Did he really just say that in front of everyone!!"

"L-LOVERS!!" Sakura yelled clearly shocked.

"Finally." Naruto breathed out. He was probably happy he didn't have to fear for his life anymore.

"HOW YOUTHFUL!!!" Gai called out with a wide grin.

Tsunade and Shizune were as stunned as Sakura at the information.

"I see...I wasn't aware of this relationship." Tsunade said trying to contain her smirk. Your brother was seething as Gaara took your hands in his interlocking your fingers. You looked up as he stared at you with that heart stopping smile that made you turn to mush. You flushed directing your gaze to the ground bashfully. Sakura blinked before a smile crossed her lips.

"I'm glad (Y/N)-chan is happy."

"I'll be watching you." (B/N) growled reaching for his sword once again. Kakashi laughed nervously. "Let's not get carried away now." he said trying to ease the tense atmosphere.

"Well you've had a long day, some rest is in order. You are on leave until you've fully recovered." Tsunade ordered as you nodded. 

"Understood Tsunade-sama."