Chapter 21

After Gaara's much welcomed visit, He left to Sunakagure. Back to his usual duties as a leader. Things were calm in Konoha, for the time being. Your brother was getting along well. Especially with Shizune. 

*Wink wink* 

 You were happy he was smiling again though. All those years he felt alone, he finally had something to live for. You finally had your brother back. The only thing that was bugging you is Gaara. The sand ninja knew almost everything about you, yet there was still so much you need to learn about him. You understood why he had such a hard time opening up. He's been closed off for so long.

You were waiting so patiently for Tsunade to give you another mission, you needed to do something, otherwise you'd just be sitting at home thinking of Gaara. You walked into the Hokage's building with your eyes on the ground. "I really want Gaara to open up a little more, but I guess I can't really force it." A soft sigh left you as you entered.

When you walked through the door, Tsunade looked up from her desk. You expected Shizune to be next to her, but she wasn't there.

 "Umm, Where is Shizune? I talked to her earlier. " You practically begged her to convince Tsunade to give you a mission. The blonde Hokage gave you a smile. She's busy at the moment. But she did tell me you were itching for some action. I'm sure you'll like this very much. " You grinned. "What is it, I'll take anything!!" you said pumping your fists. Tsunade chuckled.

"If I'm honest, this matter is a bit serious." Your hands lowered. "What's the issue?" you spoke evenly. Tsunade stood, moving to the window that showed a perfect view of the village.

"There's been word that some leaf village ninja are terrorizing the Sunakagure." your eyes widened. "That's ridiculous!! No one would-"

"Calm down, Gaara knows as much." your shoulders relaxed as you let out a breath. 

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to react so poorly." She turned, giving you a smile. 

"That's okay, I expected as much. My reaction to this matter wasn't much better. However, we need to keep ourselves in check for this one. Someone is trying to damage the alliance we have with the Suna. This could mean the break of a war. Thankfully, word has already been sent to Gaara." you sighed.

"That's good. I can't imagine he would think we'd actually do something like this." 

Tsunade shook her head. "He came to the same conclusion I did. Suna is working together to solve the problem." you smiled. "Sounds great, so what do you need me for?" Tsunade grinned.

"This is a covert mission, so we need a spy of sorts." your head tilted in confusion as you listened. "The majority of Suna and Konoha still think this problem is going on. Rumors have even spread that a war is brewing. In short, the people who are responsible have no idea that we're working together with Suna. They think we're just waiting for another opportunity to attack. Which will in turn lead Suna to attack." Your mouth made an 'O' as the pieces started to come together. "So you guys are just playing along to draw the culprits out. Great idea! Although what covert mission will I take part in?"

"Well, we think the culprits are probably some sand ninja that have gone rogue. My plan is to get you to go undercover as a sand ninja." your eyes brightened. 

" I get it. Sign me up!!" you cheered.

"Glad we could get you aboard." you head turned at the new voice behind you.

"T-Temari!" you called surprised. The blond sand ninja smiled. In her hand was a headband with Suna's symbol. You looked down at her palm. "I-I guess we're getting started right away then. "

Temari nodded. You turned fully in her direction, taking off the headband that was currently on your forehead. You slipped off the cloth after you untied the knot. You took the headband from Temari's hand, wrapping it securely on your forehead. When you finished, you turned to Tsunade. Handing her your leaf headband. She took it from you with a smile.

"I'll take good care of it." you returned the gesture.

"Thank you. "

"We should get going, the faster this is dealt with the better. You need to get packing this is going to be a longer mission than your used to."

"Yes!" you followed as Temari led you away. "

"Be careful, both of you. "

"Yes Lady Tsunade." you replied exiting the room.