Chapter 23

"Give us everything you have old man!! You jolted at the yell from outside your room. You groaned, pissed that you'd been so rudely woken from your sleep.

Temari was leaned against the side of the wall, legs folded, fully dressed.

"You really aren't a morning person huh?" you could tell she was gaining entertainment from your irritation. "Seems we have company outside. " she spoke nonchalantly. You nodded, getting up slowly. You kneel on the ground, pressing your hand to the wooden floor. You concentrated, trying to read their chakra patterns."Only two." You eyes sprung open boredly.

"They aren't even Genin level." you whined. When you heard the scream of a child you jumped to your feet, eyes widening. Temari gripped her fan but you stopped her. You gave her a glance, and form the look on her face she understood.

"I'll deal with them."

You bolted out the door. When you raced to the front desk, the sight threw you over the edge.

The bandits were threatening the owner who looked panicked. They took who you assumed to be his child, holding up the little girl as they held a blade to her neck. When they saw you enter, both males eyes turned on you. The one who hands were free pointed his sword in your direction. "Run along brat, you don't have to be-"

You disappeared in a blink of an eye. The first bandit flinched. When he looked down, the girl was no longer in his arms. A piece of log replacing her. " What the!!" When you reappeared, you were standing in between both males. You glared when the male with the sword swung at you. You punched him harshly in the gut. The force of the hit made his body pitch back. He crashed harshly into the wall. You were positive you heard a few bones break as he cried out in pain. The other man didn't even have a chance to attack. You spun around briskly, delivering a hit right to the male's jaw. He yelled out as his body lifted off the ground, spinning in the air as he crashed right into the ceiling. When his body landed on the ground, you were positive he was unconscious.

You growled, rubbing your fists. " You're lucky I left you breathing. " you spoke darkly. You turned back to the desk with concerned eyes, looking for where you left the girl. Her father was holding unto her tightly.

"It's alright, you're safe now. You can come out." you coaxed. Both of them looked up, eyes still showing slight fear. When the owner finally stood, he was shocked to see both men beaten down on the floor. "Y-You're amazing!!" the man shouted. You blinked, scratching your head.

"I-I was just doing what was right." you muttered. The girl ran over to you. Hugging your legs.

"Thank you for helping us Oni-chan!! You smiled down at her.

"It wasn't a problem." your eyes shifted to her father.

"Be more careful next time. There are always lowlifes like this around. You need to be smart. "

The man was still looking on in disbelief at what you'd done.

"Y-Yes, Thank you!!"

~~~

"That was eventful." you sighed at Temari's words. "Those bastards woke me up so early." You yawned, rubbing your eyes slightly as you and Temari ran through the forest. Hopping and dodging trees and branches. "Well when we get there you can try and get some sleep. Because we got up so early we should be there by nightfall. " you nodded.

"Sounds good."