Chapter 27

You weren't sure when it happened but apparently you had fallen asleep. When you woke you were tucked safely in Gaara's arms. You smiled cuddling deeper into his embrace.

"(Y/N)-san.." you looked up thinking maybe you woke him up, but he was still sleeping. His eyebrows were furrowed together. "Is he having a nightmare?" you were about to wake him up when he let out a soft moan. You blushed, eyes widening. He was having that kind of dream. You weren't sure what to do. 

He was holding unto you so you couldn't exactly move. Your blush darkened when you felt his hand moving down your body. Your hand clenched unto his shirt when his hand moved between your legs. Your body trembled as you tried your hardest not to make a sound. You finally gave in when his other hand groped your chest. You moaned a little louder than you intended. Gaara's body tensed at the sound. He was surely awake now. Gaara opened his eyes staring down at you in shock at the scene.

"(Y-Y/N!)" he said, surprised. You looked up still holding unto his shirt. Your cheeks were thoroughly flushed and you were panting softly. When Gaara saw where his hands were he sat up quickly pulling away from you. "D-Did I-I..." you pulled the covers to your body still a bit dazed from what happened. Gaara was standing a few feet away from you looking completely disoriented.

"I-It's okay, y-you were having a dream and I should have woken you up but I didn't and I guess that's why you reacted that w-way cause you probably thought it was still a dream.." you trailed off. You were trying to let him know that it was fine. You didn't exactly hate the way he was touching you. Gaara ran a hand over his face looking away with a guilty look.

"I..took advantage of you." he said. You shook your head.

"You didn't!" you said standing. "I-It's perfectly normal for you to have those types of thoughts for someone y-you care about!" you shouted. You were so embarrassed by the whole situation.

"Even so, it was wrong of me to touch you the way I did. Especially when you were sleeping." you looked down. "I-I wasn't.." you muttered. He looked at you curiously.

"I woke up a while ago and I thought you were having a nightmare but then you..you made a sound and I realized it wasn't a nightmare. " you cheeks were getting darker with every word you spoke. "W-When you started to touch me I could have just woke you up b-but I didn't because I...I liked it." you confessed. You fiddled with your fingers. "I loved being touched by you Gaara." he eyes watched you, heart pounding in his chest. He wanted to pounce on you, but he controlled himself.

"(Y/N)-san, do you wa-"

"Kazekage-sama we have more news!!" you jumped at the yell. Gaara growled. He moved forward looking you in the eyes. 

"When this is all over, we'll have a little talk." he whispered. You swallowed, biting your lips in anticipation. Gaara didn't miss the reaction. He turned around moving to the door. You just stood there as he walked out talking with his subordinate.

"Wow.."

~~~

"Word has already been sent to Tsunade. They'll be expecting an attack. For now we need to stay here and monitor any outbreaks. " You nodded at Gaara.

"I'll cover the east side, Kankuro can cover the west. We'll each have backup. If anything goes wrong you'll know." Temari briefed. She could tell from the look on your face how much this was affecting you. "We'll be fine (Y/N).'' her assurance made you smile. 

You moved out, ready to deal with any threat or problem. You were working this undercover angle for a while, still no luck. You were strolling through the village just observing. To others, it probably didn't raise any red flags, which you were grateful for.

"Are you alright?" you turned on instinct at the small voice. You expected to see someone injured, but it was just a little girl, talking to another boy who was crouched at the side of a building. You watched from a distance. You were about to walk over and maybe ask what the problem was, but the little girl just took a seat next to the boy. "I know you don't wanna talk so I'll just sit here until you smile. " she had puffed cheeks and you fought a smile. The boy raised his head slowly, and when he saw her expression, he started smiling despite the tears in his eyes.

"Baka." he mumbled. The entire interaction warmed your heart.

You stiffened when you heard an explosion echo throughout the village. Your eyes lifted and you stared in shock at the huge hole now in the Kazekage's building.

"G-Gaara!"

You were worried about him, but you could also see the fear in the kids eyes. You raced over to them in a hurry. 

"I have to get them to safety." 

Gaara was strong, he could handle himself. For now your main purpose was to protect the villagers that might get caught in the crossfire. "It's alright come here!" They ran over to you immediately, and you picked them up, taking off.

"Things are about to get ugly."

Your only hope is that there wouldn't be many casualties.