Friend Vs Foe

We stood in awe when my old friend Lunala came from that wormhole. It was just after we caught up with the Radiant One's lore. The sky was dark, the wormhole bigger in plain sight, and something was chasing the once Cosmog Moony and I had met.

The Ultra Guardians and I hopped on our respective Ride Pokémon with the hope of helping my friend, but that thing chasing Lunala was way stronger than we thought.

Then, some people in a military helicopter appeared, lured by the Pokémon rarity. Apparently part of the same team that people with the talking Meowth were.
Professor Kukui went to help against them, so they couldn't make things worse, and my mother sent Faba to aid him.

It was weird for me working with the Ultra Guardians, but fortunately they were all people that Moony and I had met before and they were my sister's friends, not to mention that the guy I considered a rival was one as well.

Eventually, our efforts were fruitless, as the black thing chasing Lunala overpowered it.
The legendary Pokémon became fused with the creature, I supposed it was an Ultra Beast.
Kinda reminded me of my girlfriend fused with me, the similarity was uncanny.

The difference was that in our case it was willingly, Lunala was being possessed. It attacked us, we struck back, until Solgaleo, the first Cosmog Nebby, appeared to help it's legendary friend. Suddenly, the black Ultra Beast let go of Lunala and went after Nebby, possessing it instead.

We kept trying to help, but to no avail, the creature returned to the Ultra Wormhole it came from, with Solgaleo in it's control.
We wanted to go and save Nebby, but Lunala was harmed in the struggle, so we went to help it first.

Thankfully, Lunala was healed in Aether Paradise, using the power of our Z-Moves. And we prepared for our next step: going through that wormhole. I'm not going to lie, all this time I was too worried for Lunala, after all, it was thanks to it that I could be one with my soulmate.