Cookies & Muffins

"Uhm... Gladion?...I wanted to ask you...do you...do you believe in love at first sight?" Moon asked me.

Night had fallen and a couple of hours passed since Olivia was defeated. Moon and I were dinning at the hotel's restaurant, and after talking about the day and some random silliness, she prompted the question.

Paralized, I began stuttering words, and before I could say anything Moon interrupted.
"Let me guess, allergies, right?"
I almost had a heart attack, I had been discovered.
"I know you are perfectly healthy, and to be honest, I would have said the same thing"
"But, instead, I'm going to stop beating around the bush" Moon said with a serious expression.

"But first, answer me, do you?"
My heart was racing, but I calmed down, there was no more point in hiding.
"I believe it exists" I started, "There's no reason why it couldn't".

I don't know about you diary, but at least in this side of the mirror, if there's even another, things work in a perfectly balanced way.
The only crimes that happen here are theft and larceny, like with Team Skull, and the only bigger crime is some other team attempting world domination or reconstruction. And violence is reduced to pokémon battles, card fights and other things like those.

With love, people don't just fall for anyone, those who do, fall in love with their halves. And we all just have one partner for life, because that's what love is.
"So yes, I do believe in it!" I shouted.

Moon's expression became a tender one and some tears began showing on her eyes. "Then, we think the same" she replied.
I got close to her and wiped those tears away. And suddenly, out of the blue, she kissed me on the lips.

I blushed, my heart was almost shoot off my chest, I felt every possible and positive emotion running through my body. I returned the kiss with no hesitation. Finally, once we needed some air, our mouths separated.

We stared at each other with the biggest smile we could possibly do. "Would you like to be my boyfriend?" Moon asked, "Yes, nothing will make me happier" I replied with some tears of my own. We kissed once more until the waitress came to see if everything was in order with our food.

"I'll order some cookies, what about you Gladdy?" being called like that made me feel cozy inside. "I'll get some muffins" I replied with a smile.