Chapter three

"That sounds familiar, do I know you?" She asked while she made a puzzled face. "No, I've never met you before. I think I would remembered someone with white hair and deep blue eyes." "My name is Rosalind Skizar," As she said this she got kind of shy and backed away, I think she was self conscious about how she looked. We started walking, it was silent for a time and then she turned and started talking "I'm so sorry abut that monster...I-I didn't mean..." I cut her off "It's ok I actually don't mind the monster, its actually what I do for a living." Rosalind seemed to be a very kind person, but very self aware about everything she did. I think she may have gotten treated badly because she appeared different, and when something's different, most people tend to be afraid and then they start making rash choices and decisions. She seemed like the perfect example of this. "But you don't understand, I created it!"

That I could tell wasn't a lie, she didn't seem like the kind of person to lie for attention. The silence that was previously there returned, and remained, for a good 15 minutes until we reached our destination, the Vertoak ruins. I was only able to find it because I found a rare vine that grows near marshes, and the place it usually grows is in the woods of Estermore near those ruins. We walked over to a fallen pillar and sat on it, I then turned to her and said "How old are you?" She gave me one of the most puzzled looks on the planet, like, I just told you I created the monster that wanted to tear our faces off and your asking for my age? "Um, 15..." I was not expecting that response, yeah okay she was slightly taller than me but if I had to guess hw ol she was I would have said 12 or 13. "Wow, I'm 14, you don't really look like your 15 though." My attempt to try and get her to relax was not in vain, she let out a small laugh that was barely audible. "So, how did you create that monster?"

Rosalind's face went dark, "I was drawing, that's how I usually distract myself from the world, and I wanted to do something different, so I drew that...thing." She lowered her head into her hands, shacking, the she went on, "The page started to ripple so I looked closer, then one arm started to reach out, I dropped the book and ran. Before I knew it, it was after me and, I was in a cave, you know the rest." To think all that happened to her and she was still level headed, some people would have gone crazy if they even experienced a single part of what she did.

It was getting cooler out so, I left Rosalind to go collect fire wood, I definitely couldn't be sick on the job that could cost me my life. After I gathered enough wood to make a bonfire, I started to head back. You'd think being only a few minutes away nothing drastic would happen, nope your wrong, something terrible happened. I heard Rosalind scream, and then, a sound I had hoped to not hear again that night. It was the monster that we thought was trapped, somehow it escaped, and it was mad. It wanted blood, my blood I was sure, after all I was the one that chopped its hand off.