Chapter twenty eight

The world, as I had once seen, was already crumbling before my eyes, but now it was falling apart at the seams. I thought that I had read all the small print, apparently I didn't cause now I find out that I have magic, and probably everybody else that I know! "Give me a few minutes to think." I slowly turn away from Zander and towards the woods, once again walking into a vast expanse of wood to clear my head.

When I was far away from the camp (well far enough to not be heard ), I fell to th floor and cried, all of the emotions I had bottled up finally spilling over the brim. Every single emotion I've ever felt since my life first went spiraling out of control, the death of my father, the only family I had left, to the recent capture of Rosalind. I cried and cried until I had no tears left, and soon after passed out ( I seemed to be doing that a lot lately ).

My eyes fluttered slightly open as I was being lifted up off the floor, I was still half asleep but, as I looked up I could tell that it was Zander and not some thief. I shifted myself closer to him, the weather had dropped drastically since I left the camp. For some reason this made him chuckle, and made my face flush, a few minutes after that, I once again dozed off.

I had nightmares... again, it started off as it usually did, with my fathers disembodied head yelling at me, telling me over and over again that I was a failure and a disappointment to him. This time when it shifted I saw Rosalind, she was chained up against the wall being tortured, screaming out to me... to anyone, to save her. I tried to move, to help her, but I couldn't my body just stayed still, frozen.

~.~.~.~.~.~

Rosalind's POV.

"Ow..." I groaned as I slowly sat up, my head pounding, I must of hit it on something (at times I can be very clumsy). The room I'm in is very damp and cold, I can't really say much other than that, due to the fact that I'm currently blind folded and chained to something. The last thing I remember is being dragged away from a small village, after following Collin... COLLIN I hope he's alright he seemed very nice, well other than the fact that he works for the new and evil king and all. ROSALIND FOCUS! You need to figure out a plan, what would Cress do if she were in your shoes... she'd probably pick a fight with the guard or whoever is watching her and somehow escape that way. I CAN'T DO THAT I HAVE NO FIGHTING BACKGROUND, unless you count the day Cress and I first met, anyway, moving on what would Zander do? He would probably pick the lock and sneak off like a ninja or something... I can't really do that either I can't pick locks and I most certainly can not sneak around. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.