Chapter nine

We road into a town called Estermore, I believe it was called that due to it being the only town close enough to that dangerous forest. It took us a few minutes to find a stable that had enough open slots for the three stolen horses, after that we looked for an inn that was quiet and not to inconspicuous. That wasn't to hard, most of the inns were run down or empty, which made it easier for use. We ended up staying at the Dorado Barrel, a small place with a reasonable price, and amazing food. When I say amazing, I mean that I've never tasted food like it, every bite I took was an explosion of flavor, they served the food with an interesting drink, it was creamy and sweet. It tasted almost like lemonade, but there was something else there, I didn't really care what was in it, unless it was poison, then I would care. After our meal we went to rent rooms for the night.

"Excuse me..." I said to a waitress as she walked by ignoring me, "EXCUSE ME!" This time I yelled at her grabbing her attention away from what she was doing before. "We would like to purchase rooms for the night." She shook her head, and then went to pick up what seemed like a check list. "Would 2 rooms do?" The waitress asked looking at me, I shook my head no and continued, "No we need 3 rooms, we're not together." I pointed to me and Zander, the latter of which seemed offended. "We only have 2 rooms open, so your gonna have to share." She walked off to go get the keys for us. "I'll have a room to myself, since I'm the only guy." It made sense for Zander to get a room to himself but we had only just met him, and I didnt really trust him yet. "Rosalind and I have history together, I saved her life on multiple occasions in pretty much the same day, we barely know you so I think that makes sense."

We went upstairs to our rooms and put our stuff down, Rosalind and I in one room, Zander in the other. After I closed the door I turned to Rosalind and said "We need to find a way to track when Zander leaves his room." She turned to me with a puzzled look, that I now started to have memorized. "Why do we need to do that?" "He may be fine but, we just met him, and don't know much other than that he's one of the reincarnated saviors. We have to be careful, no matter what he says or does." I walked toward the twin beds and layed down on the one near the window, I was going to think of ways to track what Zander does, but ended up falling asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night turns out I slept for 8 hours, which meant I would probably be up all night bored. I peeked out into the hallway to see if Zander was sleeping, but instead of seeing him, I see his door open and the window open but no Zander. Where did he go, and is he who he says he is?