Chapter twenty seven

Sorry for the late update I've been kind a busy and thank you for reading!

When you see one of your closest friends, or well, only friends being taken to what you can only assume is their death bed, you tend to do some crazy things. Me for example, I was told not to do anything, that I was gonna get myself killed, Zander had to restrain me. I didn't know what to do I couldn't just let Rosalind go, I was in whirlpool of emotions and anger seemed to be at the wheel.

I woke up and I couldn't remember what happened after Zander tied me down, just that he didn't want me to barge in with out a plan. My surroundings had changed, I wasn't by the cliff that looked down at the raided town, I seemed to be at a clearing, well it wasn't really, all the trees were just knocked down.

The first thing I did was look around to see if I could find Zander, knowing he was the only one that was still around, sort of. It only took me a few minutes to find him unconscious and under a rather large tree branch. I knelt down and started shaking him gently, trying to wake him up. "WAKE UP ALREADY!" I shouted at him, which hardly woke him up he had to blink a few times to chase away the sleep. "CRESS!" He shouted while trying to sit up, which he couldn't do. "Calm down, I'm fine... what happened here?" Zander just sat there quietly and after a while decided it would be a good time to help me move the branch.

We walked in silence back to our camp, and when I came back with food to cook we still, sat in silence even while we ate. When Zander was finished eating, he turned to me "What do you remember from yesterday?" "The last thing I remember was being tied down to prevent me from running after Rosalind and Collin. Why?" His face was dark and menacing, he looked me in the eyes and told me all about what happened. He told me that my eyes had lit up, and I started knocking things down. "That's not the weirdest thing you did, you weren't just pushing things over with your hands, you were using telekinesis!"

Magic's been gone for some time, there's no way it'd be back now and why would me of all people have it? I turned to Zander "That can't be true...I've never done anything like that before..." Then I it hit me, I must have used telekinesis when I was trapped in the cave. "Cress...Cress...CRESS!" I snapped out of whatever trance I was in and looked Zander in the face. "I DO HAVE TELEKINESIS!"

"Isn't that what Ive been trying to tell you?" He half laughed and half yelled. I jumped to my feet "What are we doing we have to find Rosalind!" Zander got up and turned me around "Its ok I already know where they're taking her, I over heard." How would he know, we were about 50 feet off the ground and maybe a quarter of a mile away, there is no possible way he heard them. "HOW WE WERE SO FAR AWAY!...NO.NO.NO.NO. Don't tell me, you have telepathy." He gave me a bashful grin.