Chapter eight

Slowly, very slowly I untied him, not fully trusting him but having no real choice in the matter. Rosalind needed to be rescued, who would look for her, and then want to capture her, I could only guess, but she wouldn't last long if these people were human traffickers. I had turned and started walking back down towards the path, when Zander called me. "Cress, I have a horse it would be a lot faster." Spinning back around to face him I yelled "That should have been one of the first things you said to me!"

I got on the horse first, and sat at the reins which, of course frustrated Zander, after all it was his horse, but he didnt say anything and just sat behind me. "Hold on tight." I told him but it didnt seem like he was going to listen. "No its ok I don't..!" He didn't get a chance to finish we had just started off, after acting all tough about it he ended up holding onto me after all. I didn't doubt that he could handle ridding a horse at fast speeds, but if there are 2 people on the horse, and you're in the back, it is very difficult but not impossible.

We road on the horse for most of the way, but we had to stop, any normal person would, or else you'd run the horse to death. Walking now, we followed the trail wich was getting fresher by the moment, hopefully we'd catch up soon. As soon I thought that we turned a corner and there the cart was, at least I thought it was.

The cart was the right one all right, but the people who took Rosalind weren't human traffickers after all, they were knights from my kingdom, well I mean from what used to be my kingdom. It's now run by a cruel tyrant who somehow managed to over throw my father, so now I'm wanted by them, fun. I threw on my hood and looked at Zander, I told him how I would distract the guards, while he got Rosalind out, after that I would meet up with them and we'd start looking for the other 2 keys. Running ahead of the cart wasn't a problem, I ran and stopped in front of them wich caused some confusion, after that I waited for them to get slightly agitated, then I pulled my hood down. There was a collective of gasps, I didnt know what happened to them next cause I started running.

I made my way quickly, passing by trees, and weaving around them, doing so must have caused irritation, but I actually thought it was pretty fun and nostalgic, I used to run from palace guards all the time. After a bit I returned to the cart, Zander had cut the lock to let Rosalind out, and had started to cut the wheels to. "Wouldn't it be easier to steal their horses?" The soldiers, wich consisted of 5 people, had 2 pulling the cart so why not, we need them, after all there were 3 of us and Zander already had a horse, that he whistled for. We got on the horses and road out of there hopefully looking for someplace to eat, I was famished!