Chapter twenty four

Right after Rosalind said that we heard an explosion, we wasted no time in running out of there. We ran all the way to the stables and had no time to pack supplies, luckily we didn't have to, our saddle bags along with mine and Zander's back pack were already packed thanks to the village people. I glanced down and realized that Zander was still holding my hand in his, my face flushed again and I quickly let his go, even though I didn't want to I had to, in order to grab my bag and get onto the horse that was provided to me.

The village was nearly out of our sight when Rosalind yelled at us to stop, "WAIT, wait... I um... I forgot my earrings." "YOU WHAT!" Both Zander and I yelled at here, we had no choice but to ride back and get the earrings.

"I'll go back inside, Zander you stay here, protect Rosalind and the horses." I started to walk off when Zander grabbed my hand causing me to stop, I turned around to protest and that's when he kissed me. It was gentle and caring and when he pulled back the look on his broke my heart. It was a mixture of terror and regret, I thought back to the night before, he told me that he was afraid to lose anyone close to him again. The fact that he was willingly letting me go was tearing him in half and he knew it, but all I could do was stare, and then I found myself running, rushing to get back to him.

I stalked around the corners making sure no one would see me and slowly made my way to the room I had previously stayed in. Upon entering I heard murmurs, quite at first but then it grew into louder, more aggressive tone. I hide behind the door when I heard footsteps nearing, and when I was sure they were far enough away, I entered, bad decision.

Staring wide eyed at me was, what seemed to be a lieutenant, he had golden colored hair and piercing blue/gray eyes. I hadn't realized he called for help and when I fully processed it, I knocked him out, and grabbed Rosalind's earrings. Before I left I quickly thought about what I should do with the soldier, I was going to kill him but a thought other wise, and decided to take him with me. Since he was a second in command to the general, he should know their military plans and tactics he would end up being extremely useful.

He was to heavy for me to carry due to all his armor, so I dragged him it was slow and that wasn't good I could hear soldiers closing in. That's when something unexpected happened, Zander came running and when he saw me stopped and gave me a puzzled look. "What's with the dead body?" I would have laughed at that comment but I was kind of in a rush so I just told him a brief summery of what was going on. He agreed that it would be a great idea to bring him with us so, he picked the unconscious soldier up and threw him over his shoulder, show off. We were out of there in an instant, going further and further away, unable to assist the ones that had helped us.