Chapter six

To think magic was "returning" as Shearah, my past life, along with Rosalind put it. I always believed in hard work, no short cuts, do it yourself kind of things, but finding out you can use magic and take those kind of short cuts could really change someone, and I didn't want that. If I start relying on something that disappeared a century ago and get used to it, what would happen to me if it were to disappear again, I would feel inferior once again. I'll make sure that, that doesn't happen, no one will make me fell so little ever again. First let me find out how many other times I, she, we died, and why. Turning to Shearah I said "How many...how many times did I, we die?" "We die every time we fight Dragmar, it is a long lasting cycle that has gone unbroken for thousands of years."

I felt dizzy I had to sit down but I couldn't, I was frozen, Rosalind had to help me down, I could tell she was just as shocked as I was. "I'M NOT GONNA FIGHT SOMEONE WHO I KNOW IS GOING TO KILL ME IN THE END OUT COME!" That just sounded ridiculous, if I'm going to fight Dragmar I'm going to have to break, this cycle.

"That's why I'm here to help you." She waited a bit before she continued it seemed like my full undivided attention was necessary for this next part. "Unlike the others before, I had an idea we would kill him like before, using our positive energy to counter his negative. So before we did so, we each chose a weapon, a key if you will, that we put a small amount of our essence in and they would be able to unlock a different door, to a different path." I looked down at my hands the flail must of been hers it definitely had a similar aura, but on a smaller scale. Shearah continued "That way, over time our power would slowly grow over the years, and if these weapons are found, and used by our reincarnations, it should have the same affect as if you were to release your energy and die, but instead you get to live. The only thing that will die instead would be Dragmar, the cycle and the weapons contains our energy."

Looking at Rosalind I saw hope return to her face, and something else,it seemed like determination nd courage, she wasn't ready to die to yet and neither was I. "What are these other keys?" I asked her hoping they would be easy to find. "You have my flail the others will be harder to find. The other three are the bow of Amora, the long sword of Absalom, and the hardest one to find the spear of Prescott." Those didn't sound to difficult to find after all they were larger than actual keys and bigger than my flail. "Will they be with the others, or will we have to go on an actual treasure hunt of some kind?" Shearah came and put a hand in my hand and squeezed, it seemed as if she was trying to comfort me. "I do not know." And with that she was gone in yet another, flash of light causing me to get a head ache. I glanced down at my hand instead of the flail, there was a silver chocker with a single teal stone. Some how, the flail changed it's appearance to a necklace, one that could probably kill me if I wasn't careful, but you know what people say...if you get a magic necklace that turns into a deadly weapon put it on your neck!