Chapter thirteen

"Are you Cress Oweltar?" I shook my head no and coughed a little, hoping that it my dissuade them. "Take of the hood, now." Reluctantly I did so, they all murmured and clenched their weapons a little. "Friends of yours?" Zander whispered as he got ready for them to attack. "They used to be in my Fathers army, now they're looking for me, so that that monster of a ruler can kill me!" Rosalind turned and yelled, the first time she broke down and lost it, "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!! YOU'RE ROYALTY?!!" I just rolled my eyes and got ready for the fight that would soon break out. "Are you coming with us nicely, with no troubles or, are we gonna have to do this the hard way?" First I turned to Zander, who nodded his head in agreement, then I looked at Rosalind, she seemed to have had her mind rolling around, so I turned back to the head officer and said "I think the hard way..."

My choker changed, first it glowed and then it flashed, the choker became my weapon, and no it was not wrapped around my neck, the flail appeared in my hand. At the same time Zander's ring transformed into a sword, the type of sword he had I believe was called a long sword, he was surprisingly fast when he wielded it. We fought them and wounded them but tried not to kill them, which was difficult to do with Rosalind. She kept nearly getting hit with swords and spears. Rosalind wasn't much of a fighter either she felt bad about hurting them since 'they were just following orders', she also didn't have any skill with any weapon, at last not any of the weapons we came across.

Some how we managed to escape, the thing was we couldn't leave the town yet, we had to get the horses. The horses were being kept all the way on the other side of the town so we ran, and that helped us evade the soldiers.

Finally we got to the horses, we had to split up at some point in order to lose some of them. The thing was one of the horses was missing, it was sadly mine. The sound of metal armor clanking slowly grew louder, they were almost caught up. Rosalind and Zander were saddled up and on their horses by the time the soldiers staggered into the stable. They were bleeding, had bruises forming and possibly broken ribs but they pushed on.

"You're surrounded no place to go..." he said this while holding his side, it was bleeding badly, I didn't want to fight them in the first place. Zander came over to me with his horse and leaned down to talk to me, "I'll let you on my horse under one condition." I was baffled this wasn't the time for making conditions, but I agreed to listen. "I get to guide the horse this time." "DEAL!" I screamed as I got on the horse, I really didn't care, we just needed to get out. Zander yelled a war cry and then the horse took off, I barely had enough time to hold onto him, when I realized what he was going to do. He was going to make the horse jump over them.