Chapter 5

Adrian

I walk around my mate's small bedroom. the room is simple. No posters or anything personal decorating the space. The walls are a gray color on the darker side, the bed pushed up against the corner. Two small round tables and a plush seat are the only other prices of furniture. To say the least, this is not the room I expected to see when I thought of an sixteen year old boy.

In front of the window, there is a telescope on a stand. My heart swells in my chest. When I was at camp, Caden and I would sit outside at night when we were little and still lived in the woods. Caden and I would lie on our backs and point out all of the constellations in the sky.

I was always fascinated with stars. They are beautiful in the way that they twinkle and shine.

I walk over to the telescope, running my hand over the smooth black cylinder. I would love to see the stars from this. Looking through a telescope would make me able to see them closer. I smile softly as I continue to examine the telescope.

Fallon comes out from the closet on the far side of his room. He smiles when he sees me. A bright pink blush staining his cheeks when he realizes that I am standing next to the telescope.

"I- um," Fallon clears his throat. "When I can't fall asleep, I like to look at the stars. Sometimes I even map out what I see. It's stupid. I know. I,-" I cut Fallon off by waking over and pressing my lips to his.

Fallon relaxes into my touch and wraps his strong arms around my small form. He lifts me up and places me onto his bed.

Oh my... this is the softest bed I have ever laid on in my life.

We pull away gently. Fallon looks deep into my eyes and I giggle. Fallon grins back at me, his eyes sparkling with joy.

"When I was lonely I used to go outside with my best friend at night and look up at the sky. I would try to spot as many constellations as I could. It made me feel a little better about my situation. I think that it is amazing that we both love the night sky. Maybe we could go outside and watch the stars sometimes. I'd like that." I murmur softly, pulling Fallon next to me on the bed.

"I'd like that as well. I cannot wait to get to know you better, mate. You should get some rest now. You look so tired. I want you to have at least eight hours of sleep to regain your strength." Fallon kisses the top of my head.

I smile and kiss his cheek. I feel his overwhelming sense of love towards me and it makes my heart skip a beat.

Then a painful shock goes through me as I remember how Alpha Sage ran away from me. Basically rejecting me on the spot without getting to know me.

I don't need him to be happy.

A possessive growl bubbles up in my throat. I sit up and straddle Fallon's waist. I begin to kiss him roughly, tugging at his shirt. Fallon kisses me back with the same roughness as I kiss him.

The urge to mate is overwhelming and our wolves press us to continue. Fallon pulls away from me and pants softly.

"Are you sure about this? Don't you want to wait until we can work something out with Alpha Sage? The mating will only be half completed." Fallon asks me.

"I have never been so sure of something in my entire life. I want this so badly. I've been waiting for almost fifteen years to find my mate. I don't think I can wait another day." I nuzzle my nose into the side of his neck.

"Okay," Fallon whispers. He pulls me up and kisses me with a beautiful passion. He tugs my shirt off and throws it off of the bed. We grind our fronts together, panting and moaning against each other's lips.

We are interrupted by a knock on the door. Damn it!

Fallon pulls away from me. A look of apology aimed at me as he makes his way over to the door. He steps out of the room. I hear faint whispers from the other side of the door. I pay no mind to it, figuring that if he stepped out of the room that it was a conversation that should not be overheard.

I fall back onto the bed with a sigh. Might as well go to bed now. I find myself drifting off to sleep, my mate's soothing scent calming me.

Even though I am almost asleep I still feel my mate slide back onto the bed beside me. He pulls me close and tucks me into his side. I sigh contently, laying my head on the crook of his shoulder. This is something that I could get used to doing. Being with my mate.

My last thought as I drift away is how come the scent of the man Fallon was talking to, seemed so familiar to me...