Chapter Twenty-Nine

"And then she said, but I never wanted one!" The Galran guards burst out in laughter.

They were stood with their hands on their stomachs and bending over in a fit. It was the perfect chance to at least knock them out.

We nodded at one another as we snuck over to them, taking our bayards and smacking them over the head. I huffed in satisfaction and used one of the hands to open the door.

"Ok, we're in. What do we do now Pidge?" Shiro whispered to me. I took a minute to think and saw a monitor past the corridor.

"There." I pointed, making my way toward the computer device. "I'll try and find some sort of map or something."

I stood at the monitor and began hacking into the system, looking for any evidence of my brothers whereabouts.

It almost felt like hours before I finally found something. Matt Holt | Left wing | Cell 2473

"Shiro!" I whisper yelled, grabbing his sudden attention.

"What, what is it?!" He asked desperately, his face full of panic until he saw my smile and tears in my eyes.

"I know where Matt is, he's in a Cell in the left wing. In cell," I turned to the monitor to check I had the correct number. "Cell 2473!" I jumped up and down excitedly until we heard a pair of footsteps heading our way.

"Scatter!" I mouthed, twisting around the monitor to hide behind the closest pillar.

Hunks POV

We followed the bodies of guards which were hidden in a way only we, Paladins, could find them.

They'd be hidden behind a pillar or something with either their arms crossed or holding the other guards hand, but of course not intentionally.

The whole thing started when we were in a mission, around two earth months ago. Keith was hiding the guard he knocked out and Lance happened to be taking his guard to the same place.

After Keith put the guard down, Lance threw his next to Keith's, the guards hands on top of one another. It was amusing but Keith found it irritating and took it as a chance to argue with the Blue Paladin.

After following both pairs to a door, Lance tried to start an argument with Keith again.

"Um, guys. I really don't think this is the place to be arguing." I said nervously, hoping no guards would come our way.

"Well it's not my fault Kei-"

"Shut up." Keith said, holding his hand up. He'd heard something.

"Don't go telling me to shut up Keith I wasn't the one who-" it was me who got annoyed now.

"Lance, Shut up. Keith heard something." Lances face showed a hint of red as he pouted and folded his arms.

Keith began walking through the door, wearily.

"I don't think this is a good idea," I whispered.

"It'll be fine, I'll protect you." Lance said, slapping my back in mock encouragement.

"Yeah, I don't doubt that." I rolled my eyes, worry still etched in my face.

Keith held up his hand again, signaling for us to stop all movement. We all froze for a moment as we heard a pair of footsteps pass the door.

Once the footsteps were out of earshot, me, Lance and ,surprisingly, Keith let out a sigh of relief.

"Halt!" Someone yelled, their voice indicating that they were clearly high ranked. It held so much authority that it scared me, I didn't dare turn around. But just to my luck, they stood in front of us.

Great.