Chapter 11: Not that easy

Nero’s head turned upwards immediately, to look into the direction where the voice came from. The voice that he had waited to hear – her voice. Finally, he could spot her: Kyrie was in a small cage that was hanging from the ceiling of the ballroom. “Don’t worry, love, I’ll get you down in a second!” Nero called and already looked for the best possibility to bring her down safely.

“NOT. SO. FAST.” Vergil’s voice interrupted him. Nero turned around quickly, as did Dante, and they saw him: Vergil was walking through the ballroom towards them, an evil smile on his face. He kept hold of a sword that was glowing green and for some reason, Nero did not want to test it.

“You didn’t think that I would give her to you without a fight, did you?” With these words, Vergil triggered and sped towards them.

“Come on, Nero, together, we can defeat him easily!” Dante shouted as he ran towards his brother, Rebellion ready for the strike. The brothers’ blades collided loudly. Nero drew Red Queen and entered the fight. Even though they were two against one, the fight was equal – mostly because Vergil had more demonic power, more demonic strength. Suddenly the green blade scratched over Dante’s torso. Dante did not care, it was no deep scratch and he knew that it should heal in a second due to his demonic healing. The fight went on and Vergil got some good strikes as did Nero and Dante. Suddenly Vergil jumped out of their reach and laughed. “Do you like my new weapon? I like the way your scratch still hasn’t healed, dear brother.” Vergil evilly said.

Dante looked down to his chest and froze as he realized. The green sword kept the demonic healing from kicking in. “Nero” Dante said calmly “don’t get hit by this blade, it won’t heal.” Nero looked at his uncle in shock.

Vergil let out another mad laugh and attacked them again. Now the fight got much harder. Vergil enjoyed placing strikes on any part of their bodies just to weaken them.

Then Nero saw a got chance for a strike on Vergil and jumped high into the sky, then he pulled himself close to Vergil with his devil trigger, to hit him with his sword, but Vergil was faster: He rose the green blade just when Nero pulled towards him high speed, there was no time for the younger one to dodge.

Dante could only watch in horror and as he heard Nero’s pain-filled scream he felt as if his heart was torn apart…

***   ***   ***

And there is another update! I know that it is short again, but I'm trying to keep it exciting! However there will be the next update soon and I can tell you that the end is near. (Ok, this sounds like I'm telling you that there will be the apocalypse, so you should know that I only mean the end of the story)

What do you think: are Nero and Dante going to survive? Will Kyrie be saved? Are they going to kill Vergil?

I wonder what you think the answers to these questions will be because I am not quite sure how I'm gonna end this... 

Okay, I'm gonna stop typing now, just the common thanks for reading again!

till soon

~M