Chapter 15: Light

“Come on, kid, time to wake up!” Kyrie heard Dante’s words. She had not understood what exactly the red dressed half devil had found out. She had not quite understood why he thought that destroying a sword would help, but she just trusted him. Hearing his words, she gained new hope. She looked down at Nero who was still on the ground, in a huge pool of his own blood, unmoving.

“Nero, please come back to me. We need you. I need you. I can’t live without you. Please fight against whatever darkness is longing for you! Do it for me!”

Dante walked back to Nero’s side, Kyrie begging him to wake up. He kneeled down beside him, and squeezed his unhurt shoulder. “Hey kid, don’t keep her waiting any longer or else she’ll starve. Because I won’t free her, you hear me? That’s your job, so you have to come back to us because you are still needed.” He told him.

“What if it didn’t work?” Kyrie asked fearfully.

“It must have worked, my wounds have already healed as soon as the sword was destroyed. And I can see his wounds closing. I just hope that he will find the way back into life.” Dante answered her.

And he was right: Nero’s injuries were healing, the cut over his chest was nearly gone and also the injury in his shoulder was fading.

But even though his injuries were healing, Nero was still caught in the darkness. The darkness that was longing for him. That was begging him to let go of every feeling he ever had. The darkness that was trying to keep him. And even though the fight against Vergil was over, there was a fight in himself. He had to fight against the darkness of being partial devil. But not against his devil part. He had to fight against the part of his mind telling him that he was worthless and not good for Kyrie. And the part of his mind telling him that he had to die because he would only become like his father.

‘I am not like my father’ Nero told himself. But then again he thought that Vergil might not always have been evil. ‘What if I become evil? Can I really take the risk of putting us all in danger?’

Then he heard Kyrie’s voice – that sounded like the voice of an angel to him: “Nero, please come back to me. We need you. I need you. I can’t live without you. Please fight against whatever darkness is longing for you! Do it for me!”

He also heard Dante’s voice, telling him that he was still needed. Dante. His uncle was also half Demon. He was Vergil’s twin. And Dante was not evil at all. He believed in justice. And even though there were still many doubts left in Nero, he had to get back. He just could not stay away from Kyrie. He loved her with all his heart. Yes, with all his heart. Every part of him loved her, no matter whether the devil part or the human part. So Nero forced himself all the way through the darkness that was so cold and made him numb. But finally he opened his eyes and came back to light.

“Argh…” he groaned. His whole body felt terribly weak, but his head was worst. He had a terrible headache, he knew that it was caused by the demonic healing, he had had it before – maybe not always that bad, but his injuries had been worse than usually. “Wait – demonic healing? How is that possible?” He whispered more to himself than anyone else. Dante chuckled. “Well, welcome back kid, I guess. I destroyed the sword and the healing kicked in.” Nero looked at his uncle. “Thank you!” he told him.

“NERO!” Kyrie’s overwhelmed call for his name banned all the cold – that was left from the darkness – from his body. Instead it filled every inch of him with the warmth of love. He lifted his head and their eyes connected. A smile formed on his face as he called out: “Kyrie!”

Then he got up, ignoring the dizziness he felt when doing so. The only thing that mattered to him now was Kyrie. He wanted to hold her in his arms again. He wanted to kiss her again. He just wanted see her laughing again, with her beautiful eyes sparkling…

“You know love, I promised you to get you down.” He smirked. “Do you trust me?” he asked her.

“With my life.”

Nero smiled reassuringly, then he lifted his devil bringer and used its ability to manifest through a larger spectral arm to rip out the door of Kyrie’s cage. Then he pulled himself up to the cage and finally he could wrap his arms around his beloved one again.

“I found you…” he murmured into her hair as he hugged her tightly.

“You saved me… I knew you would save me.” She whispered back.

Then he lifted her into his arms bridal style and jumped out of the cage.

***   ***   ***

Another update, and I have to tell you: I just can't stop this story, so this still isn't the end. I don't know how many chapters are left, it depends on how many ideas I still have.

As always I hope you like it and thank you for being great readers! You are awesome! ♥

Do you have any wished for the ending? Just tell me, maybe I will use your ideas as well!

Thank you for reading

~M