Prologue

I stepped down Jason’s porch and took a deep breath, hoping with all my heart that he wasn’t going to call me.

      I really didn’t want to look at him right now.

      “Aathy!”

      I sighed, as I turned around.

      He rushed after me and looked at me worriedly. “I’m sorry… I didn’t think—”

      “No, no… don’t say sorry.” I sighed. “I’m just…”

      He waited for a moment and when he realized that I just didn’t want to say it, he finished for me. “Not ready, I get it.”

      I nodded slowly. “I’m sorry. I thought…”

      His green eyes watched me. “I get it, trust me.”

      I took a deep breath. “Well, I should get going—”

      “Let me drop you off—”

      “No, I’m fine… I like walking.”

      “Then let me get you a coat, it’s cold.”

      “No, really Jason, I’m fine.”

      And as if god was trying to make me look like a fool, he sent a cold spring night wind that made me shiver.

      “Aathy… it’s cold.” He repeated.

      I shook my head. “Trust me. I’m fine.”

      He sighed but smiled as he ran his fingers through his black hair. “Fine.”

      I smiled. “I’ll see you at school, Jace.”

      He nodded, looking slightly dissapointed.

      And I turned around and left as fast as I could before I could change my mind.

      Winter had ended and spring had arrived. As I walked through the park, I counted the months that had passed since I had seen him.

      Four.

      It didn’t seem like a long time… but it definitely felt like it.

      I shook my head, feeling a little crazy, as I approached the fountain.

      You said you were over him! I said to myself.

     And thanks to my belief that I was over him, I had made a huge fool out of myself infront of Jace.

But who was I kidding?

      How could I get over someone who I’ve known and loved for so long?

      I sat down on the floor, put my elbows on the edge of the fountain and looked down into the water.

      I didn’t know I was crying until I saw my tear drop into the fountains water.

      I sighed as I dropped my arms and rested my head in them, feeling my cheek touch the cold marble of the fountain.

      It had been a while since I had cried for him… and I didn’t like that I was doing it again.

     I mean, he never even came to check on my once... we never even formally broke up.

      I sniffled, feeling a little stupid.

      I would never have said this out loud… but I wanted him back. I wanted him back so badly.

      I needed him here with me right now.

      Maybe that was normal… to want someone who you once loved, even if they hurt you so badly.

      Or maybe it was just because this was a silly habit of mine.

      At times like this, he was always there for me. For as long as I could remember.

      But now he wasn’t. And he never would be, never ever again.

      I pulled my legs closer as the spring night sent more chilly breezes.

      And suddenly I felt more helpless.

      I held back a sob and tried to push his face out of my mind… but then felt a weird sensation overwhelm me.

      I tried to ignore it though as I lifted myself up, put my elbows back onto the edge of the fountain and rubbed my eyes. I tried my hardest to get some strength into me.

      It didn’t really work, especially since I was shivering from the cold.

      But I tried to ignore the cold too. And I tried to focus on making myself happy.

      If he really cared, he would have came to see me some time during the last four months.

      “He doesn’t care.” I whispered to myself, still rubbing my eyes and teeth chattering ever so slightly. “Why should I?”

      But then I jumped, startled as I felt something drape around my body.

      I looked up, and felt my heart race. I couldn’t see anything for a moment because I was rubbing my eyes so hard.

      But when I could see, my heart raced some more because of a fear I hadn’t felt for so long.

      “Why are you lying here like this in the cold?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here you have it!! The Prologue to the third book in the Raakshyan Series!!

Who could this mystery person possibly be? Keroshan? Darius? Jacob? Serpethion? Aarvind maybe?

You'll find out soon!!

Hope you like this new book as much as you liked the old! Maybe even more!

Hehe!

Love,

Thannujah!!!