Chapter 5 - [Keroshan]

When Chirpy and Serpethion came barging into my living room, both shouting at me, I got a little mad. “Can you two shut up?” I yelled. “I can’t understand you when you’re yelling like that.”

      I saw Serena walk into the room, probably wondering what all the noise was about. She didn’t say anything though. She barely spoke to me these days.

      Serpethion sighed and was about to speak but Chirpy slapped his hand over Serpethion’s mouth. “Lakshmiray was turned into a Raakshyan!”

      My eyebrows shot up.

      Serpethion pulled Chirpy’s hand away from his mouth and glared. He then looked at me. “Unnaturally.”

      Now my heart stopped. “Why…”

      “I think it was Darius.” Serpethion said. “This is sort of like what happened to Jacob.”

      Chirpy nodded his head. “And aunty Seretha said that Aathy doesn’t know exactly what happened.”

      I flinched when he said her name.

      Serpethion saw that, of course, but chose to ignore it. “But knowing Aathy… I have a good feeling that she does know what happened, but Darius is making her keep quiet.”

      Chirpy continued to nod his head.

      “I think this is getting out of hand.” Serpethion said.     

      And Chirpy nodded his head some more. “Very out of hand.”

      They both looked at me. “Are you going to let this guy pick on Aathy?” Serpethion asked.

      “We don’t know it was Darius.”

      Serpethion rolled his eyes and Chirpy sighed.

      “It’s obvious!” Chirpy said. “Who else could it be?”

      “Keroshan, your anger for your father is blinding your judgment.” Serpethion said.

      “What does my anger for my father have to do with this?” I asked.

      Serpethion rolled his eyes. “Push that aside now.” He said. “Right now, Aathiray is probably being targeted and Darius is getting to her by attacking her loved ones.”

      “We need to make him stop!” Chirpy added. “We can’t let him hurt Aathy and her family again.”

      I sighed. “How will we even find Darius?”

      “Your father.” Serpethion simply said.

      I leaned back into the chair I was sitting in and gave him a skeptical look. “That man isn’t going to help you.”

      Serpethion shrugged. “He will if you ask him.”

      I shook my head right away. “I will not do that.”

      “Keroshan!” Chirpy yelled. “Stop being stubborn.”

      “Why should I?” I asked. “This has nothing—”

      “All of this is happening because of your stupid move.” Serpethion said. He was clearly starting to get very ticked off.

      I looked away.

      “I can’t believe Jasmine still believes this fucked up act of yours. I mean, you’ve been avoiding her since the day Aathy left, and she’s still all over you.” Serpethion yelled. “Actually, I think all of what happened… this is exactly what Darius wants!”