Chapter 21 - [Keroshan]

An overwhelming fear ran through me as Aathy pushed us all back with an unfamiliar energy.

      I still wasn’t sure if it was even Aathy, after all, I had been tricked once before.

      But the way my father spoke to her…

      When I straightened myself up, I turned to my father. “Is that Aathy?” I asked. “Or is this just another trick?”

      My father, who looked more annoyed then scared, didn’t look at me. He kept his eyes on Aathy. “Yes. It’s her.”

      I turned and looked at her. She was grinning like a mad woman and suddenly I was reminded of Darius.

      “What did he do to her?”

      “He gave her half of his strength.” My father said. “And I’m thinking he did something else to her too.”

      I took a deep breath, rage rushing through me and replacing the fear. “Darius that son of a bitch!” I growled. “I’m going to kill him!”

      “Keroshan, his goal is to phase you. He’s using Aathy to get to you. Don’t let that happen.”

      He had definitely chosen the best way to try and get to me.

      “We have to get her back.” My father said. “Without hurting her.”

      Aathy laughed. “Yeah right.” She said before she pounced at us.

      My father ran in one direction and I went in the other. When she chased after me instead of him I figured that I was definitely who Darius was after as of this moment.

      I stopped running and turned around, grabbing her arms when she reached me.

      “Stop, Aathy.” I said. “Snap back into your sense. You need to be yourself again!”

      “Keroshan, this is me. The only difference is that I’m a million times stronger and I can’t feel any emotions anymore.”

      I raised my eyebrows and looked up.

      My father, who could now understand what was going on, shook his head.

      “Aathiray.” My father called. “Darius has taken your emotions away and made you his toy. Are you really going to let him do this to you?”

      Aathy smiled.

      Suddenly, I felt my arms twist as she freed herself from my grip. Then her arms grabbed my wrists and she somehow managed to lift me up and throw me onto the ground.

      “He’s not doing anything to me.” She said.

      When I opened my eyes I saw that she was leaning over me.

      “This is all my choice.”

      She lifted her arm, preparing to punch me in the face, but I jumped out of the way. Her fist hit the floor, hard, leaving a hole in the ground.

      Serpethion grabbed me as I tripped, almost falling.

      “Keroshan, it’s working. Darius’s plan is working.”

      I turned and glared at him. “What do you want me to do? Fight her?”

      Serpethion frowned. “We have to do something.”

      “Keroshan.” My father called.

      I looked at him.

      “There’s just one thing I need you to do right now.”