Chapter 1

I tapped my pen against the desk as I waited for Ivana to come back from the washroom. We were working on a project for Biology and we were hoping we would finish it before school ends so that we could chillax afterschool.  

      When Ivana walked back into the class, she placed the hall pass on our teacher’s desk and smiled at me as she walked back to her seat.

      “There’s a really cute guy standing outside.” She said. “With the principle.”

      I chuckled. “All the cute guys are bad these days.”

      Ivana looked unbelievably pleased with herself, probably because she made me laugh. All my friends have been acting that way ever since what happened between Kero and I.

      Months had passed since I last saw Kero and to be honest… I thought I was taking it quite well.

      But no one else thought that.

      My friends seemed to be sure that my personality was changing from the “I care about everyone and everything” type of person to the “I don’t give a fuck about anything” type of person.

      I didn’t really think that was true… but my friends seemed to always understand me better.

      While I was deep in thought about my changing personality, I hadn’t noticed Ivana nudging me with her knee. “Look! Look!”

      When I did notice though, I looked at her and followed her gaze to the front of the class. “That’s the guy!”

      The whole class had quieted down, so we could easily hear our old teacher speaking to him.

      “Ah! A new student.”

      The black haired boy smiled.

      The teacher took the boys schedule from him and examined it. She then looked at him. “You’re in the right class.” She said as she adjusted her glasses. “Jason Reed?”

      He smiled some more. “People call me Jace.”

      “Alright Jace. Welcome to my biology class. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?”

      He shrugged. “Why not?”

      Our teacher cleared her throat. “Alright class, quiet down.”

      People did as she said. They all wanted to know who this attractive young man was.

      He stood at the front of his class, his backpack on one of his shoulders and his hands in his pocket.

      His hair was as black as night and his eyes were so green that they looked as if they were glowing.

      He was amazingly fit and had features were extremely chiseled.

      He looked like a celebrity.

      But my stomach started to feel a little weird… this guy reminded me a little too much of Darius.

      His eyes suddenly met mine, startling me. But then he smiled at me.

      His smile made me feel a little bit at ease. Maybe I was being stupid…It’s not like every guy with green eyes and black hair was evil.

      “This is Jason Reed, your new classmate. I want you all to welcome him kindly and listen as he tells us a bit about himself.”

      He smiled at the class. “My friends call me Jace… so you all can call me that too if you want. I’m from New York. My dad’s a therapist and got transferred to a hospital near here… that’s why I’m here.” He said as he looked around at the students. “I’m a big fan of the Canadian National Women’s Hockey Team… so moving to Canada was pretty exciting. So I think I’ll like it here.”