CHP05:Dealing with a Star

I followed Kei and Kyro as they ran into the forest in unison. Again they were trying to annoy me with their symmetry. I rolled my eyes slowing my pace as the air around me grew thinner. I took a deep breath but no air entered my lungs. I closed my eyes for a second letting the darkness engulf my soul.

Kyro P.O.V

Kei was skipping in front of me carelessly I liked to see him this way. It made me smile and kept my mind off our current predicament. He slowed down so we are aligned. All these attempts to piss off mom... Karin had made symmetry a habit. He pranced playfully keeping our footing in sync. The air began to pick up brushing through his orange spiked up hair. He turned around facing me with a grin. "Hey bro, you think it was a good idea to leave Karin alone in a forest of witches?" He asked innocently.

I put an arm on his shoulder. "If anyone can take care of themselves it's Karin, don't worry. Besides if we get attacked I'll just be your miester for the day." I said kind of chuckling. It made his smile grow wider but inside I knew I was worried for Kei.

Black Star's blue hair was all that I could see. The rest of the forest was pitch black. I couldn't even see his weapon Tsubaki . He lifted his arm to us. "Would you three hurry up?" He asked obviously annoyed. "A star like me can't wait for you like this. It's unacceptable." He said.

Kei faced me with a skeptical smile. "Three? Karin's not here dufus." Kei said stubbornly.

Black Star slowly turned around creepily. He had, had enough my brat of a brother finally broke his last nerve. "Who you calling dufus?" He said with a crooked smile.

"Ma!" Kei screamed without thinking.

I slowly crept to his ear. "Mama Karin's not here remember?"

Black star smirked punching his hand with his fist threateningly. "Now you're gonna get it brat." He said menacingly. I threw myself in front of him, covering my face knowing that this would hurt.

Black Star reached his fist out almost touching my nose when he was flipped onto his back. "We don't have time to be messing around Black Star." I opened my eyes to see Kid pointing his pistol at Black Star's face. He looked annoyed. I sighed a breath of relief but quickly squealed when someone grabbed me by the neck. Kei swallowed hard putting a hand on my attacker's shoulder.

"I'm sorry mama." He said trying to act innocent.

She quickly punched me in the face. "You really think leaving me in a dark forest alone is the best idea!" Karin hissed.

I thrust my head back in pain. "Sorry... I thought you'd be fine." She let go of me and faced Black Star.

She pointed a finger at him. "and you! You think you can beat up Kei and Kyro behind my back? What's wrong with you!"

He shrugged smiling. "Not my fault you can't keep track of your weapons." He said slyly.

Karin growled then faced Kid. "Finally you, I don't need your help controlling Kyro and Kei next time stay out of it." She whispered. "and... Thank you..." My jaw dropped realizing what Karin had just said. She stuck her hand out for a hand shake. Kid raised an eyebrow taking her hand and shaking it with both his hands. Then he did the same to her other hand.

"To make it symmetrical." He whispered. Karin twitched at his words.

"So, Kid any process on where this witch is! I need to kick some butt! I need to shine like the star I am!" Kid nodded. Black Star looked back to the three of us.

"Maybe you three should stay back you can't handle things like Tsubaki , Kid and I can." He smirked. Karin clutched her fists and was going to punch him.

Kid grabbed her hand. "That's not a good idea." He said smoothly. Black Star raised an eyebrow at them. Then he realized it, Kid couldn't find the witch because this girl was distacting him. He shook his head getting between them, no way were they gonna hold a star like him back.

"This is your fault it's always your fault." He said pointing to Karin.. "The witch is probably long gone by now!" He hollered.

Tsubaki put a hand on Black Star. "Now, we don't know that for sure Black Star." She said delicately.

"We can't even do soul resonance because we're polar opposites. It's always been your fault!" He screeched his pudgy finger in Karin's face. I expected her to bite it clear off but what she did instead was frightening. She hollered to the top of her lungs and ran deep into the forest. "Karin!" I screamed trying to run for her. Kid stopped me, shaking his head. He grabbed his pistols going after her.

When he was out of sight Kei finally spoke.

"Was it really a good idea to let Kid go after her, she hates him." He said. I opened my mouth to speak realizing Kei was right. They were probably long gone but I went anyways using my best judgment.

Their voices were soft but recognizable. I could hear her faint sobs as she spoke, it broke my heart into a million pieces. I should've followed her instead. Now the reaper was probably gonna get too friendly with my miester or she could blow her cover. I swiped each branch that came my way using Kei in his dagger form. I was getting close to them. Their voices were getting clearer.

"I don't know what to say besides thank-" Something was unsettling about Karin's tone of voice and the abrupt cut away. I quickly brushed the branch away panicked. Kid had found her out. I ran into the scene and heard Kei gasp right away. Karin's eyes were closed and her face red as she was locking lips with Kid. I dropped Kei tackling Kid immediately.

As if my body acted on its own I fought and punched him with all my might. Kei transformed trying to tug me off of Kid. His weapons did the same as Kid tried fighting back. He didn't suck at close range but he was flustered I could sense it slightly in the glimmering of his eyes. I had never heard that tone in Karin, it was love and admiration and it made my blood boil.