CHP13: Trust Your Instincts

My head felt groggy, for a second I forgot where I was. "Karin! Karin!" My head shot to the right where Kei was. He was running with a block in his hand. It was as large as his hand wooden red. I smiled, right the damn orphanage. As he caught up to me I asked him one clear question.

I smiled putting my head back. "You finally gonna let me play?" I chuckled.

Kei P.O.V

I was shaking her violently but she continued saying the same thing. "It's about time, you two softened up and let me play." Kyro grabbed my hand. I looked at him repressing the urge to hit him. I needed to snap her out of it. I stared him down but he just shook his head.

"Let me try just hang back with Patty okay?" He whispered scruffing up my hair. I continued sobbing as I clenched my teeth. I slowly nodded as Patty forced me to my feet. I buried my head in her hair as I usually did with Karin.

"Good luck gramps." I stuttered. He approached Karin with a smooth smile. What he did next made me sob louder. His boot lay tightly on her head. His teeth glimmered as he smirked bigger. He gave Karin a good kick.

He shook his head disappointed. "Tsk,tsk, tsk, thought you were tougher than the stupid reaper." Her head tossed to the right. He kicked her again. "Didn't take you as the one to put on such a bad show."  He hissed. I gripped my wrist knowing somehow Kyro knew what he was doing.

He sighed his nose in the air. "Well I guess there's only one more thing to do." His wrist up was in weapon form. I stepped forward but my hand quickly cupped my knee.

Kyro swiped quickly at her wrist. The blood dripped slowly down her wrist. I wanted to scream bloody murder but Kyro slowly knelt down whispering silently into her ear. "Wake up, ma."

The instant the last word left his mouth her eyes popped open.

I smiled tackling her. "You're alive!" I hollered. She staggered back as I gave her a fierce hug. Our reunion was interrupted by Kid who stepped forward.

Karin cupped her wrist as we hugged her. "Sorry to interrupt, but we have several questions for the three of you."

Luckily Karin quickly ignored him."You didn't need to cut my wrist to wake me you idiot!" She screamed waving her fists. I chuckled as I tried holding her back from Kyro.

"I knew it would jog your memory! I'm sorry, I..." He looked away blushing a little. My grip on Karin eased. "I-we can't stand losing you." She smiled softly I was about to let her go when Kid put his hand in front of her.

"I don't like being ignored." Patty popped her head above his. She began to laugh.

"Especially, by his girlfriend!" She shouted. I could see the clear vein in Kid and Kyro's forehead throb.

He gritted his teeth waving his hands in front of Patty. "You never listen when I talk to you do you! We have to stop wasting time we must get home by precisely eight for dinner!" He shouted frantically, Patty continued to laugh with her cute smile.

Karin scoffed putting a hand on Kid's. "Calm down and ask us whatever you want, we have nothing to hide." He looked down with a smirk.

Kyro stepped forward pushing me aside. "Liz, Patty." They both hesitantly nodded transforming and landing into Kid's hands. I gulped hard as Kyro made a fist.

"What are you doing here?" He asked smugly.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!" He shouted defensively. Kid smirked stepping forward.

"I'd like to play but I'm afraid I wasn't referring to you." He walked passed Kyro hitting him with his pistols knocking him out immediately. "Besides this way I can truly admire your symmetry." He then focused on me. I saw Patty's face in the pistol.

"Sorry Kei!" She shouted bursting into laughter. I nodded standing still. It wouldn't take long for me, like Kyro to be knocked out.

"I'm giving the two of you a chance as I did with Patty and Liz." Those were the last words I heard before Kid hit me with Patty and I blacked out.

Karin P.O.V

Was this really the end? I hadn't even been able to land a blow on Kid. I had even fallen for his stoic nature but now, I feared him. Feared the monster death that was finally knocking on my doorstep. I gulped hard as he pointed his pistol at me. "Will you go to such length to save your skin? Your weapons are useless for now, I'll ask once more, why are you here?"

"To protect the world, or to destroy its guardian!" He shouted putting more pressure against my skull. I breathed in slowly, and backed away. I put my hands up.

"Okay, Kid you caught me, I tried sabotaging Death Academy, I tried killing you, there happy." I sighed knowing in seconds Kid would be blasting me with his pistols. His arm fell flat. He bit his lip glaring me down. 

"So it was all a lie... People like you disgust me!" The sound waves from his pistols came darting at me at lightning speed, I jumped backward trying to strike him but Kid had different plans. He sprinted towards me his eyes inches away from mine, he smirked as he swung around kicking me in the shins. I fell to my knees writhing in pain. "Lying is a sin, punishable by death!" I focused my energy into my palm as Kid began to charge at me again.

"Now for the finishing blow." He spun in the air his leg about to smash against my skull. My hands were barely able to block it. 

I closed my eyes trying to keep it together. "It wasn't all a lie." I whispered. Kid eased up enough for me to jump back. Still his eyes were glaring at me.Evil, that's all he saw. Before I knew it tears streamed down my cheek.

His arms fell flat again his bangs covering his frustrated face. "I thought you of all people would be able to forgive someone who's made mistakes..." I turned so only my back faced him. I didn't want such a monster to see my tears. I longed for it to be wrong, I wished that death was beautiful but as always I was wrong. Death was terrible, disgusting, and misguiding. "I'll report to Lord Death just... Just promise me one thing."

Liz and Patty were in human form again. I could feel their cold eyes on my back. "What is it?" Kid almost hissed. I closed my eyes knowing I had known this moment would come.

"My boys, take care of them... I'll leave peacefully just keep them safe and... Don't tell them what happened."

I looked at Kid's expression. "I suppose I can honor such a request, even to a low-life like you." I gritted my teeth I didn't think he knew.

"I did love you, I thought at least you knew I wasn't lying about that." I said in a whisper walking away. I walked for a few seconds before turning back to him.

"Kid, I know a lot about you, secrets maybe you don't even know about, if you need to kill me, just keep my boys out of it."

 His black locks bounced at precisely the same time. He poked one on the cheek then turned him over poking him on the other to make it symmetrical. He walked over to the older twin now poking him in the forehead. "Perfectly symmetrical." He sighed. Liz sighed loudly putting her head back.

"So are they okay?" She almost screamed. He simply nodded looking at nothing in particular. "wow, not even a blush." She whispered.

Kid's shoulders tensed. "Nonsense, there's no need for such lies, the sinners of this world will be judged by father." He crossed his arms looking away. Liz shook her head.

"The girl's perfectly symmetrical, a miester and you still think she'd lie about that? What benefits would she get for lying." Kid shook his head again biting his lip.

"now even you're doing it. I'm not foolish, Karin is an enemy. There's no denying it now, or ever." A low laughter broke his concentration. The laughter continued to grow louder even hysterical.

"You, idiot." His orange locks dangling in front of his sharp  green eyes as he began to get to his feet. "You're the biggest idiot I've ever seen! She'll never see me as she does you, I'm solely her weapon, her brother... But you... Ha, she's so in love with you she had abandoned the mission, let go of the past even considered leaving Death city." His orange locks swayed as he limped closer to Kid."The damn reaper had to trust his instincts! And you just went ahead and!" He couldn't finish his sentence he burst into hysterical laughter.

Kid looked to the floor in deep thought again. A blush crept onto his cheeks. "What have I done?"