CHP 14: Searching for the Lost

Kyro P.O.V

I sat up too fast. After laughing at him Kid had knocked me out again. The floor seemed as if it was the ceiling. I stretched out my arm and it met with Kei's. "Gramps, you okay?" He whispered. I rubbed my head nodding slowly.

He smiled tackling me in a hug. "Ow, that hurts Kei, get off!" I yelled. He laughed sitting on top of my stomach.

"I claim this land in the name of Ke-" I didn't let him finish as I stood up letting him fall to the floor. I looked around, my eyes locking onto Kid's, a slight hint of guilt gleaming onto his golden-yellow eyes probably from by previous words. I raced towards him my forehead against his. "What was that all about reaper!" I shouted. He calmly stepped back and I tried regaining my footing.

He looked away and I could feel tensions rise, what the hell was going on here?  I looked back to Kei who was now shaking in his skin. I bit my lip worried, why was he so scared. I kept looking around but then closed my eyes. "Where's Karin?" I hissed softly. Kei tackled me again. 

"It was her choice please don't be mad at Patty because of her stupid miester! We're all stupid if you think about it!" He screamed. I gritted my teeth as Kei continued to punch my head. I sighed softly pushing him away. 

"Let's go find her then." I whispered. Kei and Patty gave me their dumbfounded looks. I glared at them leading the way. 

"We'll come too then, Patty, Liz."  I came to a complete stop at Kid's words. I faced him with a nasty glare.

"Why, so you can finish her off! Stay the hell away from my miester!" I shouted. He smirked closing his eyes.

"It's quite the opposite, Kyro. Staying away is the last thing on my mind, either way we're coming."

***Flashback***

Karin walked in front of us she was about twelve years old. Her hands were on her hips as she led the way. "If you two are gonna be my weapons we need our souls to be totally compatible." She sighed. I tilted my head in confusion. "I'm taking the two of you to a special place. Nice quiet and isolated." She whispered. I looked to Kyro who shrugged. If he was calm then I should be too. 

After about twenty minutes of walking in the forest we came upon what seemed like a wrecked city. I could hear Karin squeal. "We're here!" She shouted. I bit my lip stepping back. The streets and buildings were littered with layers of dust every building with a broken window. An eerie gust of wind hitting my spine every two seconds.

"I like it.... It's roomy..." I lied motioning to Kyro that she had finally lost it. He nodded and laughed making her glare at us. A cheesy smile made its way to my lips as she glared. 

"The place was abandoned after citizens found out a kishin had been living amongt them, when news broke out no one wanted to live here, now it's just us here..." Her eyes were locked onto nothing as she spoke disappointed. I felt kind of bad.

"What are we doing here?" Kyro yelled bored. Karin shot him a death glare. I bit my lip knowing that she was close to hitting him, any minute now she'd be punching and kicking him. 

She smiled instead, taking our hands and sitting. She tugged on our arms signaling us to sit. "We're gonna get to know each other so our souls can connect faster. So close your eyes and take a nice deep breath." She said calmly. I did as I was told and felt my body tense. My grip on Kyro's hand hardened but his grip on mine lightened. "Now, anyone want to share anything you've never told anyone... This way we'll be stronger." She whispered. Tears started to slide down my cheek, but I didn't know why. A warm sensation of calmness engulfing my body. What the hell?