CHP07: The Miester and the Weapon

The forest seemed darker from this view. Kyro and I had followed Tigress footsteps and gone ahead without the others. If anyone was going to save our miester it was gonna be us. The leaves we hid in rustled as Kyro forced me to stop grinding my teeth. Karin lay in a purple encased bubble in the middle of the witch's fortress. It didn't seem like anything special. Just a cavern surrounded by trees. The bubble lay right in front of it. In front of the bubble lay a throne where the witch lay there polishing her nails.

I had been staring at her so long I hadn't realized my shaking body. I tried to scan myself seeing it wasn't the weather and it wasn't the urge to pee that made me shake. I cringed finally realizing it. I was scared, scared for my life. No, this was unacceptable. I bit my lip a single tear rolling down my cheek. After all these years I was still just a fearful child. A useless little child.

A warm hand startled me. It made me shake harder it almost made me pee... Only the voice was able to calm me. "Bro, how 'bout you just distract the witch I'll take care of Karin. You don't need to worry yourself about her life. No, her life will be on my hands. Don't worry." He gave me a slick smile going back into the forest. A warm smile overwhelmed my face as I realized my crazy tactics were finally going to come in handy.

I began with making sure she knew I was here. I waved my hands in front of her shouting. "Hey! Bitch I'm right here! Look a nice juicy weapon right here!" I began to holler slapping my ass in front of her. She looked up an agitated look on her face. You could say I had a way with the ladies.

"You fool! You dare think you can trick me! Prepare to perish fool!" She shouted. I smirked as she motioned her hand towards me. There was no doubt she was going to strike me. As she stood I began to run in circles. I didn't have a weapon but I was good at running. It was my only way to survive.

Karin P.O.V

Kyro tapped at the purple bubble encasing me. I didn't care though Kei was running for his life and Kyro was being foolish. He rather rescue me than protect his brother, unforgivable. I couldn't pry my eyes away from him but Kyro's persistent tapping told me he was urgent.

"Come on how the hell do I get you out of here?" He asked. He began to punch with all his might. I stepped back in fear. His blows to the bubble never seized and neither did Kei's running legs. I looked back at him angry.

"Kyro! You need to stop this and save Kei! Understood!" I yelled. He shook his head still punching the bubble with all his might. It was useless. The witch was using magic no way his fists could break it. In response to my words Kyro just shook his head and punched the bubble persistently. "Idiot." I said under my breath. A yelp from Kei made me turn my attention back to him.

Tigris had somehow managed to knock Kei down. Now Kei could only crawl for his life. She approached him slow, just like a tiger would do to taunt her prey. I began to grind my teeth as the purple energy in her palm grew immensely. I began to punch the bubble as well. Tears swelling up in my eyes. "No! Don't you touch him!" I screamed. The bubble muffled my scream and Kyro began to punch harder his tears overwhelming him. He hadn't looked at anything else since he began to hit the bubble encasing, but he could hear every single thing that was happening to his little brother.

The purple glow in her hands were getting larger and Kei had stopped crawling away. He had accepted it. He was going to die. She laughed manically as she lifted her arm, ready to attack.

I closed my eyes saying a silent prayer for Kei. An almost silent explosion made my eyes pop open. I was on my ass. Kyro forced me to my feet, the purple encasing now gone. "What happen?" I asked looking to Kyro.

He smirked, hugging me. His tears still soaking my hair. "The witch wasted too much of her magic energy on Kei, that she couldn't handle the protective barrier around you. Especially since she hadn't recovered from our last encounter." He whispered. I stepped back staring at the witch who looked at us in awe. It only lasted a second before awe turned into undeniable rage.