69

"This?" I held up the bag.

Kaldur nodded. "Please wear it. I know how you feel about dresses, but this is not that fancy so please?"

I sat the bag down and stared at him, scanning his outfit.

Jeans, his usual jacket and sandals.

"Fine but if it's any fancier than what you have on you won't hear the end of it."

He grinned. "I would not expect any less. I will allow you to get changed."

Sighing I opened up the bag and pulled out the dress.

Well...he wasn't wrong. It's not dressy. It's a sundress. So I mean it is dressy in the sense that it's a dress but...yeah.

Plus it's blue.

And for those of you who actually want a description...dark blue, thin straps, two kinda wide white stripes towards the bottom with a lace hem.

There.

I quickly changed into it and pulled my hair up into a ponytail before going to find Kaldur.

Okay so the- I ran into somebody and-

"Sorry starfish. Are you ready?" He placed a hand on my side.

I nodded, looking up at him. "Yeah. How are we...?"

"We are currently docked, we can make our way from here." He took my hand and led me out onto dry land...and then the sub sank beneath the water.

"We will have to get back on our own." He mumbled before looking at me. "If I direct us can you take us someplace?"

I quickly nodded before closing my eyes. We dissolved into mist and I let Kaldur take control of the actual traveling.

"Here we are."

I opened my eyes and laughed. "Really Kaldur? The beach? You know my dad is going to be watching us right?"

He wrapped his arms around me. "I would be surprised if he wasn't."

Then he released me and walked over to the blanket that was laid out on the sand.

I quickly joined him, taking the sandwich he handed me.

Then as I ate it, I watched Kaldur who was really fidgety.

"You okay?" I patted his leg. "You seem nervous."

"I'm worried that the Team may-"

"No worrying." I smiled at him. "Just focus on this okay?"

"Okay." He tried to pull me into a hug but...

"I've got you." Bart had grabbed me and was rushing away towards the tree line.

I sighed and dissolved before reappearing right back beside Kaldur, who was up with his waterbearers drawn.

"Are you okay starfish?"

"Come on you really think that phases me?"

"Kaldur, stop this!" Megan yelled. "You don't have to do this!"

"I believe-"

"Nope!" I raised a hand and water surged up behind me.

"Percy are you okay?" Dick questioned.

"What do you think?" I rolled my eyes. "Not that this is like the first day I can remember being able to relax or anything!"

"Percy...what do you mean by that?" Cassie tilted her head.