70

I smiled, running my fingers over Kaldur's hair as he laid out on the blanket, head on my lap.

He reached a hand up and placed it on my face, sighing contently.

"You know, I'm surprised Dad hasn't shown up yet." I said, leaning into his touch.

"As am I starfish." He mumbled sitting up and turning to look at me. "Do you think he will be okay with this?"

"He'd better be." I responded, smiling.

"Be okay with what?"

Welp. No longer surprised.

I turned around and looked at Dad...and Triton.

"Uh... nothing?"

Dad simply raised his eyebrow. "Mind telling the truth?"

I looked at Kaldur before sighing and extending my hand towards my two overprotective family members.

"Is that...?" Triton's eyes went wide before a smile slowly stretched across his face.

Kaldur wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to his chest.

"Calm down, I'm not letting them hurt you." I chuckled as his grip relaxed.

"I'm half upset that you didn't ask for her hand, but I know that you would have done this regardless so..." Dad chuckled, leaning against his trident. "I'm happy."

"And I got video." Triton smiled a camera appearing in his hands.

"Wait, did you-"

"Just do that to terrify Kaldur? Yep. I'm gonna go show Kym and Tyson later." He let the camera disappear.

I sighed. "Why?"

"Because this is adorable!"

I could feel my face heat up and I turned burying my face in Kaldur's chest.

He chuckled, running a hand through my hair. "You would think that you would be used to this by now."

"If you aren't careful I'll make you tell Bruce."

He froze and I laughed. "That's what I thought."

"Well, we're gonna leave. Have fun. But not too much fun, save that for the wedding night."

My face got even hotter. "Triton!"

My brother snorted. "I mean-"

"I will flipping kill you!" I glared at him.

"Uh bye!" He disappeared.

Dad sighed. "If you don't want to go back I own a cabin...I bought it after your mother died. Figured you might want it in case you ever decided to get married."

"So if I didn't die?"

"Basically." He shrugged.

Standing up I walked over and hugged him.

"My baby." He mumbled, returning the hug. "I can't believe my baby's engaged."

"Believe it Dad."

"It's the cabin at Montauk." He pulled away, a large grin on his face.

"Thanks." A mirroring smile appeared on my face.

"Seriously though, save it for after the wedding."

And then he was gone.

"Why do they do this schist?" I groaned.

Kaldur wrapped his arms around me. "Because they don't want you to get hurt." He pressed a kiss to the top of my head.