Chapter 8

February 2019

"Wise men say, only fools rush in
But I took your hand and I jumped right in
I guess everything has a consequence, oh I, I
I can hide, and put on as how
'Cause the high are highs
But the lows are lows
You control me more than you've ever known
But I wouldn't have it any other way

Must be love
Or this wouldn't hurt so much
And I wouldn't think so much
And I could just give you up, up, oh
It must be love
Or this wouldn't hurt so much
And I wouldn't think so much
And I could just give you up, oh

I fall hard, that's just how I am
And I bend and break like a rubber band
Everything gets real after two AM
So don't, don't, don't look at me like that
When you're the one that implied that
'Cause I'm gonna look at you right back
I promise you ain't gonna like that,yeah
We fuss and we fight, forget that night
And I wouldn't have it any other way

Must be love
Or this wouldn't hurt so much
And I wouldn't think so much
And I could just give you up, up, oh
It must be love
Or this wouldn't hurt so much
And I wouldn't think so much
And I could just give you up, up, oh

Love, love, love
And I could just give you up
Love

Must be love
Or this wouldn't hurt so much (so much)
And I wouldn't think so much
And I could just give you up, up

Must be love
Yeah
Must be love
L-O-V-E "

I: "Wow Camila, that performance was outstanding! The vocals.. the lyrics.. I think I'm in love. It's a pleasure to have you here!"

C: "Yes! Thanks for having me!"

I: "Where do we start? You are literally killing it right now! Everyone is OBSESSED with you and your new single 'Must Be Love' ! I actually cried when I heard it for the first time. Can you tell us more about it?"

C: "Aww, thank you so much! I'm really proud of it myself. I wrote it in the beginning of January and spent literally every single day in the studio since then. It was insane but we finished very quickly!"

I: "Yes, you really did! And it's already charting! So.. in another Interview, you said that it's about a rather complicated relationship. I think we all can relate to that somehow. But can you too? And what advice would you give someone who is going through this situation?"

C: "Oh gosh yes, of course I can relate to it. In my past I've been through a lot. You would think being in such a 'relationship', or whatever you want to call it, would get easier over time but it never does. Especially when this person means so much to you and you just can't let go. The best thing you can do is staying positive and making the best out of it."

I: "So true. Apropos relationships.. Is there anyone special in your life at the moment?"

C: "Like romantically? Not really. I mean- I don't know. Somehow- It's complicated."

I: "Wow look at this! It seems like the song is based on a real experience! Who could possibly turn Camila Cabello's life upside down?"

C: "I'm not answering that! Damn, now I'm red like a tomato."

I: "You still look good though."

C. "What can I say, my stylist is amazing."

I: "Haha yes. Well, I have collected a few fan questions. Would you like to answer them?"

C: "Yeah, let's do this."

I: "So.. the first one asks if you plan to collaborate with one of your former band mates on your second album!"

C: "Uhh that's a good one. Probably not on the second album but maybe in the future! We're all very close again and see each other regularly, so this wouldn't be a problem."

I: "Now I'm very excited, I would love to hear that! The next one is from 'cabelloooooo143', she asks what your birthday plans are!"

C: "Gosh.. I have no idea. I probably will celebrate with my friends. But nothing too big. Luckily, there are still two weeks left."

I: "Sounds great! Where are you going to be the next month?"

C: "I'll be mostly in Europe and give some concerts. And I plan on visiting my family in Miami. I haven't seen them in a while."

I: "I love your relationship with your family. Last question! Since you're one of Shawn Mendes' best friends ever... Do you know if Lucille White is his girlfriend? Both were seen very often together over the last weeks."

C: "I- I don't know. We didn't see each other since New Years Eve. He had to attend at some festivals and I was busy with writing songs. He didn't say anything. But if she is- then she definitely made a catch."

I: "Very nice! It was great talking to you!"

C: "It really was!"

-----

Camila said her goodbyes and left. It was very cold outside but Ally was already waiting for Camila in her car to pick her up. During the ride back home she looked out the window. The last question wouldn't leave her mind. It had been persecuting her for weeks now. Was this Lucille girl really Shawn's girlfriend? It seemed so. But why did he kissed her on New Years Eve if he hadn't had feelings for her? Camila didn't know. They hadn't talked about it before he left. But it was driving her crazy and the thought of seeing him the next day at a festival in London was not calming her down either.