ten.

trigger warning ; mentions of self harm

as chenle was getting lost in his thoughts once again, asking for jisung's phone number crossed his mind.  he wanted to ask the younger boy, but was afraid of the response he would get. jisung was a hard one to read, and chenle didn't want to make the sad boy react in a way he wouldn't want to see. he obviously wants to be closer to the other, but he can't help the anxiety that's building up inside of him.

the green haired boy sighed, ruffling his hair, making it more messy. different scenarios ran through his head of how it could go asking for jisung's number. no matter how many times he tried running through a positive scenario, negative and worrisome thoughts took over his mind.

the bell rang, snapping chenle out of the thoughts he really didn't want to have right now. the boy smiled, looking up at the younger. chenle waved happily, and greeted the boy, "hi there, jisung!"

"hello, chenle," jisung answered in his usual quiet tone, looking down at the floor.

the orange haired boy took his candy, and slowly made his way to the counter, looking unenthusiastic like most days.

while handing his candy to chenle, jisung's loose hoodie sleeve rode down, showing his arms, and putting his wrists on display. they were covered in red cuts, some already healed, others looking fresh.

the older of the two gasped, making jisung quickly pull down his sleeve. he avoided eye contact with chenle, feeling very embarrassed about what had just happened.

after chenle scanned the candy and jisung payed, the younger bolted out of the store, not even leaving time for chenle to wish him a good night. the older worriedly stared at the door for what felt like hours after jisung left. he couldn't get the image of the other boy's wrists out of his head.

EDITED ;
11.04.20