twenty three.

when chenle had made his way to work, his thoughts were filled with jisung jisung only. he was wondering if the other would even show up tonight, and honestly, chenle didn't have high expectations.

four hours into his shift, chenle was reading a book behind the counter. he had gotten comfortable by grabbing a chair from the stock room in the back, bringing it to sit on. he also took an extra sweater with him before he left his apartment for more comfort.

that was seemingly working for him, seeing as he was so lost in his reading, he didn't even notice how he read through ten long chapters without even looking up.

although, the bell did ringing was able to snap him out of that faster than lightning. he saw jisung walk into the store but his excitement soon transformed into worry as he saw jisung looking a little worse than normal. right now, he looked as if he would break down at any moment and start sobbing uncontrollably.

the younger boy walked over to the candy aisle, and this time, reached for the item he would normally take. that caused chenle to let out a breath of relief.

yet, that was short lived when he finally saw jisung's face. his eyes were bloodshot, and his eyebags were as prominent as he'd ever seen. tears were on the verge of falling, and his hair was messy.

the younger slowly approached chenle, handing him the candy. the older noticed that jisung's hand was shaking slightly. "um, jisung...are y—you...are you okay?" chenle asked, cringing slightly as he stumbled over his words. the chinese male wasn't expecting a good response, but he certainly didn't expect jisung to break down in tears right in front of him.

the younger sunk down to a crouching position, his head buried in his hands. his sobbing only got louder, coming out choked at different times. chenle slightly panicked; all of this happened so fast, causing him to freeze. he normally doesn't really know what to do in these situations, and he feels big amounts of stress.

choosing what he thought was best, chenle slowly walked out from the counter area and over to the sobbing boy who was shaking. chenle carefully layed his arm on jisung's back, stroking it, giving him silent comfort. he tried his best to calm the other down. it seemed to work as jisung's sobs seemed to die down, changing into quiet cries.

chenle put both his hands on jisung's elbows, bringing the boy up, making him stand. jisung's head was still down, and chenle softly brought his finger to the other's chin to make jisung look at him.

when the pair made eye contact, chenle gave the other a reassuring smile, preparing to go in for a hug. the younger accepted, still slightly tense when they were in close proximity.

"jisung, would you like to spend the night at my apartment tonight? i want to help comfort you," chenle softly spoke, looking at the other to see his reaction.

jisung looked a bit hesitant at first, and chenle couldn't blame him. he knew that they didn't know each other that well, and it seemed like jisung wasn't one to easily trust others.

"sure," the younger spoke in his quiet, whisper voice.

A/N: happy new years! what did you think of the chapter?

EDITED ;
14.04.20