thirteen.

chenle fiddled with his phone, debating whether or not he should text jisung. of course chenle really wanted to talk to the younger, but he couldn't bring himself to start a conversation. he felt too shy, and he doesn't know what to expect from their conversation.

chenle sighed, putting his phone down on the counter. he told himself that he should just do it, get it iver with. he unlocked his phone, and opened it to jisung's contact, which was listed as "jisungie :)"

the boy spent a good two minutes thinking of what to write. every time he started writing something, he would end up thinking it was too weird, or that he sounded too clingy, causing him to delete it.

he finally found something that sounded alright, and he texted jisung.

Me:
hi jisung! this is chenle from the convenience store. i just wanted to see how you were doing, and if you're coming tonight :)
sent 2:45 am

after sending his message, chenle quickly shut of his phone and put it back on the counter. he didn't dare look at it, scared of what the other would say, or if he would say anything.

he anxiously waited for a reply, but it never came. chenle kept checking his phone, but no message appeared. it stressed him out, causing him to constantly look at his screen. chenle sighed, looking out the window.

when jisung walked in, chenle was laying on the counter, eyes closed. "you alright...?" jisung asked, confusion in his voice. chenle's head snapped up, a light pink colour dusted on his cheeks. "uh huh, yep, yeah. i'm fine," chenle said, letting out an emabrassed laugh, cursing himself for acting weird.

jisung nodded, looking away and walked to the candy aisle, and as always, picked up his candy. chenle eyed the other curiously. "why do you always take candy?" he asked, letting his curiousness take over.

jisung shrugged. "i don't know, i like it, i guess." chenle nodded awkwardly as a response. there was tension in the air, and he desperately wanted it to go away.

"did you get my text, by the way?" chenle asked while watching jisung look at the ground. "no...you texted me? my phone is at home," the younger answered, his tone still very quiet.

chenle found the boy in front of him so fragile. he really wants to look out for him and be his friend, but he doesn't know what to do. seeing jisung walk towards the door, chenle said : "i'll see you next time jisung." the quiet boy nodded, walking out of the store.

A/N: Wow, we hit 1k! Thank you so much for reading my story! I really like writing this, and I hope you enjoy reading it.

EDITED ;
12.04.20