twenty seven.

after last nights events, chenle had been exciting for his shift the whole day. he would be so energetic at school that his friends thought he was more happy than normal. chenle had payed no mind to them, his thoughts only being about jisung. his friends also caught him wearing a huge smile during the day.

now it being night time, chenle was anxiously bouncing on his toes, waiting for jisung's arrival. once the bell rang, the older's head snapped to the door's direction. happiness overflowed him when he saw the sight of jisung in a green hoodie and grey joggers.

"hey jisung. how's it going?" chenls asked, leaning on the counter. jisung shyly looked up, meeting the older's eyes. "i'm alright, i suppose," the korean boy answered, his voice still quiet. chenle's eyes showed a small glimmer of hope, thinking about jisung actually being alright.

"that's good. did you come for candy tonight?" the older spoke, breaking the short lasting silence. jisung shyly shook his head, his fingers fiddling with themselves. seeing jisung acting like that made chenle's heart stop for a moment. he thought jisung looked absolutely adorable, and his heart melted for the younger boy.

an idea idea then popped up in chenle's mind. "hey, do you want some hot chocolate? we could sit down and talk..." chenle suggested, eyes wandering from jisung to the hot chocolate machine in the back of the store.

"o—oh, okay," the younger agreed, finally looking back up to chenle. the chinese boy's eyes beamed at the other's statement. he felt a smile form on his face as he got out of his counter area.

"follow me, then," chenle said, walking to the back of the store. jisung followed behind him, pulling his hood down from his head.

the older led them to a drink machine, and pointed to a table near it. "you can sit and wait, if you'd like."

jisung nodded, walking to the table and pulling out a chair. the metal screeched against the floor, both males cringing at the ear piercing sound.

chenle took two cups, and set on of them down in the machine. he chose the hot chocolate option that popped up on the screen and watched as the warm liquid started pouring into the cup. he repeated the same actions for the other one, and made his way to the table where jisung was waiting.

"here you go, i hope you like it," chenle said, passing the warm cup to jisung. the younger grabbed it, flinching at the sudden warmth of the liquid inside.

both boys quietly sipped their drinks, slight awkwardness in the air. the both had no idea how to break the silence.

"so, what's your favourite colour?" chenle asked, not knowing what else to say. 'really chenle, favourite colour!?' he said to himself, cursing his awkwardness.

jisung seemed in thought for a moment. "well, i like black, but sometimes i prefer red," the younger said, shoulders shrugging as his eyes were fixated on the hot chocolate in his cup.

they ended up conversing for a little longer, jisung giving relatively short answers to chenle's questions, but the older was used to it.

"i—i have to go," jisung mumbled, chenle only faintly hearing it. "oh, okay. i'll see you tomorrow then," chenle said, trying not to sound so disappointed.

jisung waved and exited the store. chenle was left at the table, his empty cup in his hands. he got up to throw it away, and jisung's too, and he noticed that there was almost all of the drink left in the other's cup.

chenle pouted, throwing away both cups, and went back to the counter for the rest of his shift.

A/N: thoughts?

EDITED ;
14.04.20