thirty one.

fiddling with his phone, chenle was having a debate with himself in his mind. he has been wanting to text jisung asking to hang out, but he's still not sure if the younger is ready for something like that.

finally making up his mind, chenle opened jisung's text, and sent him a short message.

me:
hey ji, just wondering if you're available to hang out today?
sent 9:45 am

after sending the message to jisunh, he quickly shut off his phone, putting it down on the table. waiting for the younger to answer felt like an eternity for chenle. when the text tone went off, the boy's heart starting beating faster, and he was so nervous to look at his screen.

his hand hesitantly reached for his phone, and he looked at jisung's answer. when he sawit, his heart bursted in joy, and he started smiling.

jisungie:
yeah, sure. you want me to come over?
sent 10:15 am

me:
sure ! then we can decide what to do :)
seen 10:16 am

jisungie:
see you soon

chenle's heart was still beating fast at least half an hour after reading jisung's answer. then, panick immediately hit him. 'oh no, he's coming over! i need to clean, and wear something better than this!'

the chinese male frantically ran through his apartment, cleaning everything that looked out of place. then, he ran to his closet, picking out a pair of black ripped jeans and a red hoodie.

he threw a hat on, too lazy to style his hair, and then there was a knock on the door. chenle froze, then ran to the door. he opened it, and saw jisung smiling shyly at him. "hey ji," chenle said, smiling as well.

"hey, chenle," the other quietly said, adjusting his hoodie sleeves. "want to come in?" chenle asked, making room for jisung to enter. the younger nodded, stepping into chenle's apartment. "so, what would you like to do?" chenle asked, trying to figure out how to spend their time together.

"it's your choice, i don't mind," jisung said, looking up to the older. chenle then got an idea, and gasped. "how about we take a walk in the park?" he suggested, giving a hopeful look to the other boy. jisung nodded. "sure."

chenle led the boy out of his apartment and they walked to the park. on the way there, there was some awkward silence, but chenle always made an effort to start a conversation between them.

once  arrived at the park, jisung had become slightly more comfortable around the older, and he was beginning to feel himself relax.

they walked through the park, sharing some stories with each other. laughs were shared, and smiles too.
when it was nearing the afternoon, the pair decided to take a break and sit on a bench. jisung looked over at chenle.

"i really had fun today, chenle. thank you for this," jisung said, still speaking quietly, yet chenle could hear the gratefulness in his voice. "it was my pleasure, ji. i enjoyed myself a lot too."

chenle smiled at the younger and extended his hand toward jisung's. chenle carefully payed attention to the look in jisung's eyes, making sure he was okay with the move he just did.

not noticing anything different, chenle took jisung's hand in his, interlacing their fingers together. heat rose to jisung's cheeks with that action, and he quickly looked away, covering his face with his available hand. chenle giggled, pink painting his cheeks too.

they both stayed, hands interlaced for a good amount of time, until deciding to walk back to chenle's apartment.

once there, chenle bid goodbye to the younger, pecking his cheek lightly before finally letting go of jisung's hand.

the younger left with a big blush on his face, and chenle giggled while watching him leave.

A/N: what'd you think of the chapter?

EDITED ;
14.04.20