Chapter 29

Chapter 29

All this time

On the first quarter, naging lamang ang Savvy because of the Alec whose the halfback of the team, and their quartback lost his focus for the first quarter. I would say that it is my fault but on the other hand, may kasalanan din doon si Mia. Wala akong idea sa poster na binigay niya sa akin, it would be fine kung ang buong team ang nakasulat sa poster but it only pertains to one of the players and it is Alec. Good for Alec because he got some inspiration to boost his attitude on the field but on the other hand, Korg lost his.

The second quarter were almost done at sa pagkakataon ngayon ay nangunguna na ang competing school. Nakikita ko naman ang eagerness from the team na maungusan muli ang kalaban. They could really beat them. Alam kong nasa kondisyon naman sila to win the game, the practice would should pay-off.

"You've been doing that for what, thirty nine times, Alex." My father said.

And I sighed again.

"Forty times," he corrected. He rub my shoulders to calm down my nerves, "it is not your fault, Alex... maybe Korg was really distracted by it..."

"Hope he don't mind that."

He nodded, "sure he will, but we should hope that they win the game."

"Yeah, right."

When the few seconds finally ended, quarter two isn't that good for the team. Half time na at merong performance mula sa glee club. The two teams gone to their own locker rooms para mag-usap-usap at magpahinga ng sandaling oras. Tinawag naman ako ni Gell, hindi ko alam kung bakit kaya nang lumapit siya sa kinauupuan namin ay nagpaalam pa ito sa parents ko kung pwede niya akong isama sa locker room ng team. Pumayag naman sila, nagpumilit naman sina Pee shooter at Bella na makasama pero hindi na dahil hindi rin sure si Gell kung makakapasok kami s aloob dahil private iyon just for the players.

Tumayo naman ako sa kinauupuan ko, while we're heading out, biglang tumakbo palapit sa amin si Mia. Gell stopped and so I am saka lumingon sa kanya.

"Where are you guys going?" she asked.

Napatingin naman sa akin si Gell at binalik ang tingin kay Mia, "team's locker room, why?"

"Can I come?" she says, "please?" she pleaded.

I think Mia left Gell with no choice kundi sumama na lang din sa amin. Hindi ko pa rin makakalimutan iyong nangyari kanina. It was almost humiliating for me. Hindi naman ako against dahil si Alec ang nakasulat doon. Alec is good and he's done a great job on the first quarter kaya wala namang mali sa kanya... but I just thought, I would cheer for Korg.

We're heading our way to the locker's room. There's this awkward atmosphere flying around and I could sense that Mia wanted to have a talk pero hindi ko alam kung ano ang sasabihin sa kanya. Last night she told me, she has something for me to payback for what favour I have to do on her, but I don't think it will go further than that. Incase she doesn't know what I mean, she need to remember it by herself.

As we came into the locker room, we saw the team in circle talking how they will gonna score up against the other team. After that, they put they hands altogether and shouted in chorus, "Go Savvy! Go Dragons!" they kept giving each other a pat, and as they notice our presence—specifically Korg, stoned his stares on my direction—and I couldn't handle the manifestation I did earlier.